Pixalation

kaz13
Grasshopper

I have been a customer of Shaw since it came to Saskatoon. Since early this year pixalation and stop and go fast forward or back, has been getting worse rather than better.  I am on a two year bluesky plan (will probably be going to Sasktel when it  comes due again), this is the worst system I have ever seen.  Anyway since about February I have technicians out three times to trouble shoot the problem.  They have checked all cables, removed my 50' cable and replaced with 25' cable because extra length was problem, changed cable from pole in alley to house 30+years old, replaced PVR, replaced connectors where cable comes into house, rewired and replaced splitters.  Works for a few hours but then recordings start pixelating again.  Last technician said signal coming in was good but signal going back was slow, he attempted to change pvr again to new style but was told he couldn't this constituted a change to my contract which meant cost would raise monthly.  So he left old pvr in place worked for about 3 hours then started pixalating again.

I would like to really find who to complain to but any help would be appreciated.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

-- posting the same information to more than one thread i...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@kaz13 -- posting the same information to more than one thread is not productive.

If you are on a "Bluesky" plan, you are entitled to rent the PVR that is included in that plan. Is that what you have, or do you have an older PVR? Motorola? Pace? Arris Gateway?

Anyway, while reading this, scroll-down to see the "Your Voice" hyperlink, to make an official contact with Shaw.

0 Kudos

-- Pixalation Hint: if you search within this discussion...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@kaz13 -- Pixalation

Hint: if you search within this discussion forum, trying "pixa-lation" or "pixi-lation" or "pixel-ation" (omit the hyphens-- I added them to avoid "auto-correct" of bad spellings as I typed), you might find something useful to you.

0 Kudos

I am on the Bluesky program and rent the pvr that comes w...

kaz13
Grasshopper

I am on the Bluesky program and rent the pvr that comes with the plan but it had been changed only a couple of weeks ago, with no better results.  Because the pvr now saves to the cloud (which we all know is quite useless for speeds) the technician who had spent 3+ hours working on the system thought the newer style box might work.  When he tried to use it, the company said it would be a change to the contract.  Now I think the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over with the same outcome.  He was just trying to break the circle and see if it would work.

0 Kudos

I did check others and it seems most of the problem fixes...

kaz13
Grasshopper

I did check others and it seems most of the problem fixes I found repaired themselves, such as the one in Vancouver from last year.

0 Kudos

I apologize for that wasn't sure were to start a new ques...

kaz13
Grasshopper

I apologize for that wasn't sure were to start a new question, so thought I would add it to one already running, which is a no-no most places.  So when I found were to start a new one that was what I did.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help