Programming Xi6-T into Sofabaton X1S

ziggurcat
Grasshopper

Hey there,

I just purchased a Sofabaton, and have been having some difficulty with programming the Sofabaton X1S to recognize the Xi6-T.  It's in the database, but none of the functions seem to work (it's also unclear whether it's under Shaw or Rogers because both show up). 

I can select the option to learn the functions, but the only buttons the seem to work is the power button, mute, and maybe a few others that I don't quite recall at this time.  The Guide, "Shaw" button, volume, OK, navigation buttons, etc... don't seem to be recognized when I select the option to learn. 

Has anyone had any success with the Sofabaton X1S in getting it to recognize the Xi6-T's remote functions?  

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

I tried for days to get one of those remotes to control t...

rstra
Grand Master

@ziggurcat  I tried for days to get one of those remotes to control the XG1, it was a no go. I couldn’t get the Sofabaton’s IR codes to work. Now that I have to XiOne boxes, I prefer the RF remote so I can hide the boxes.

0 Kudos

Does the Sofabaton work with the XiOne? I have one of tho...

ziggurcat
Grasshopper

Does the Sofabaton work with the XiOne? I have one of those boxes in my bedroom, so I can swap if necessary.

0 Kudos

wrote: none of the functions seem to work Any remote-cont...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@ziggurcat wrote: none of the functions seem to work

Any remote-control must "pair" with the TV (volume up/down/mute & power)  and also with the Shaw/Rogers box (Guide, Menu, Channel up/down). Since @rstra could not get it paired, I take the hint that this remote-control is just not compatible.

0 Kudos

XG1 is not the Xi6-T or the XiOne.

ziggurcat
Grasshopper

XG1 is not the Xi6-T or the XiOne.

0 Kudos

Yes, but they use the same remote.

rstra
Grand Master

@ziggurcat  Yes, but they use the same remote.

0 Kudos

IR remotes don’t pair with the boxes.

rstra
Grand Master

@mdk  IR remotes don’t pair with the boxes.

0 Kudos