PVR CLOCK

grannyirving
Grasshopper

Digital Time is missing from my PVR?  I recently changed to Blue Sky and have noticed that there is no digital time on my PVR any longer.  Is there a way to have it displayed again?

Labels (1)
18 Replies

Re: PVR CLOCK

shaw-tamara

Hello! It depends on which version of the BlueSky TV PVR that you have. The newer box doesn't actually have a front display, so if you signed up recently that is most likely what you were set up with. You can find more info on https://community.shaw.ca/docs/DOC-9889 

0 Kudos

Another useful feature that was deemed useless. SMH. A lo...

canukhed
Grasshopper

Another useful feature that was deemed useless. SMH. A lot is missing from the bluecurve system that was useful in older systems. 

-- if you press the GUIDE button on the Shaw Remote, does...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@grannyirving -- if you press the GUIDE button on the Shaw Remote, does the top line of the display show the time?

0 Kudos

So NOT acceptable, lost clock, LED showing something bein...

alguire2327
Grasshopper

So NOT acceptable, lost clock, LED showing something being recorded, momentary channel number, and finally receiver down led.  Bring it back!!

-- welcome to this peer-to-peer discussion forum, where v...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@alguire2327 -- welcome to this peer-to-peer discussion forum, where volunteers try to help.

While reading this, scroll-down to the bottom, and click on "Your Voice", and send your suggestion to Shaw.

0 Kudos

I have recently replaced my outdated 630 PVR with the HDP...

SJM3
Grasshopper

I have recently replaced my outdated 630 PVR with the HDPVR 830 and am disappointed that ARRIS removed the display panel from this updated model. I became dependent on the LED display for time, channel, and other info. that my previous unit provided. Why! was this display panel omitted from the HDPVR 830. 

-- welcome to this peer-to-peer discussion group, where v...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@SJM3 -- welcome to this peer-to-peer discussion group, where volunteers try to help, and some people post their "gripes".

The forum is not a direct path to Shaw Support (1-888-472-2222).

I suggest that you use Shaw's  Your Voice  hyperlink to send your feedback to Shaw.

At this late date in the manufacture of the HDPVR 830, and with the free upgrades to the BlueCurve TV system, I think that it is not likely for any update to its internal programming will be done.

0 Kudos

I agree. The removal of the front display is unacceptable...

Socagirl
Grasshopper

I agree. The removal of the front display is unacceptable. After owning the older boxes for around  15 years. Then to remove that functionality. Seems you do not want to keep your customers satisfied or even keep your customers. 

-- note that Shaw does not manufacture the TV boxes that...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Socagirl -- note that Shaw does not manufacture the TV boxes that they deploy. So, complaining to Shaw probably is not going to be productive.  Shaw would have to try to find a different manufacturer of TV boxes -- if there is any alternative.  That could be a "non-starter".

TALK TO US
We're here to help