PVR not recording first run TLC shows

GUYINAVAN88
Grasshopper

I’ve noticed an issue with the channel TLC whenever I try to record something: it never records the first run of a new episode when I set a series recording. I’ll have the settings to first and repeats, but it won’t record the episode until days later if the show plays again. What’s also weird is that when viewing the scheduled recordings when set as a series, it says it’s scheduled to record but then it doesn’t record. No, I don’t have anything else recordings nor maxing my streams. The workaround that seems to work is if I manually find the episode and set a one-off recording.

As a side note, TLC is delayed posting on demand episodes by about two weeks. Really don’t want to wait that long.

Has anyone else experienced this? 

1 Reply

Yes, having this same issue just with TLC.  We have only...

NeonN
Grasshopper

Yes, having this same issue just with TLC.  We have only just signed up with Shaw recently and noticed this specifically.  Quite annoying but does seem to be channel-specific and only this one at least.  

Given that you posted this in December which was a bit ago, have you had any luck with any other workarounds or spoken with their tech support about it?

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help