Jump to solution

PVR Recordings Not Playing

The_Dude
Grasshopper

I have dozens of programs recorded in the past few months. They will not play nor will the menu pop up when I select the program I want to watch.

The ones that do not play have a blank entry under the Channel Column. This was never a problem before. They were programs recorded from free preview periods. I have watched many reorded programs after the Free Preview ended and they would always play even if it is many months since I recorded them.

I have tried unpluging the PVR for a period and it reboots and the recorded programs still will not play. I did a refresh from my account and that did not fix the problem.

There is currently  1 Hr + wait time on the phone for assistance. I have checked the forums and other sources online and could not find any suggestions on how to resolve.

The Hard Drive is only 60% full. Any ideas or similar problems out there.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jump to solution

I found that all my recorded programs will play if I pres...

The_Dude
Grasshopper

I found that all my recorded programs will play if I press the Play button on the remote while highlighting the recorded program in the list view. The pop menu does not work when you press enter on the remote; to delete I had to fast forward to the end of the program after pressing play and then a menu pops up and I can delete it if I don't want to watch it.

I have dozens of recorded programs from several different free previews going back over a year. I am watching them when I feel like watching them.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Jump to solution

You would need to be authorized to view the channel in or...

shaw-valerie

@The_Dude You would need to be authorized to view the channel in order to playback recordings, either by being subscribed to the channel or it still being on preview. 

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Is this a recent change? Before Christmas I was watching...

csams
Grasshopper

Is this a recent change? Before Christmas I was watching shows I'd recorded on free preview just fine.

I can't now - and I also can't delete them. They are there taking up PVR space, but no menu appears so they can't be watched OR deleted. How do you fix this?

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

I found that all my recorded programs will play if I pres...

The_Dude
Grasshopper

I found that all my recorded programs will play if I press the Play button on the remote while highlighting the recorded program in the list view. The pop menu does not work when you press enter on the remote; to delete I had to fast forward to the end of the program after pressing play and then a menu pops up and I can delete it if I don't want to watch it.

I have dozens of recorded programs from several different free previews going back over a year. I am watching them when I feel like watching them.

Jump to solution

Go to Menue, setting, guide, show channels, and move the...

arrahmani
Grasshopper

Go to Menue, setting, guide, show channels, and move the blue bar from Off to On.

TALK TO US
We're here to help