RCA RTU5540 55 inch tv, cannot find any codes that work to pair the Bluesky remote to TV

Not applicable

Tried all the codes, Shaw’s help code list, tried codes on the internet, even spent 20 minutes with Shaw support, remote will only acess channel and guide, on-off, volume, input buttons not functional. Anyone else buy one of these TV’s and have a program code that works, Please Post it, I only have a few more hairs left to pull of my head.

Thanks in advance

Labels (2)
28 Replies

Re: RCA RTU5540 55 inch tv, cannot find any codes that work to pair the Bluesky remote to TV

Not applicable

Yeah, I tried this too a couple years ago...  Went through every code..  Those RCA TVs (which have crap picture by the way), use something different for their remote and the Shaw remotes don't have any codes that work it them (I spent two hours and tried every code the remotes had) then tried the programmable Shaw remote and it couldn't learn the commands either.

0 Kudos

Re: RCA RTU5540 55 inch tv, cannot find any codes that work to pair the Bluesky remote to TV

shire200
Grasshopper

It is a known issue with almost ALL RCA tvs not working with any Shaw Remote code. Heck, I even tried several universal remotes and could not get them to work with the RCA TV. I am sticking with better TVs such as Samsung, LG, etc. RCAs just suck.

Yea I had same problem I used code for insignia tv and it...

Ryan1414
Grasshopper

Yea I had same problem I used code for insignia tv and it worked 12049 try all the brands and codes till u find one 

TO:  &   & others: >>>  ... remote will only access chann...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

TO: @shire200 & @Ryan1414  & others:

>>>  ... remote will only access channel and guide, on-off, volume, input buttons not functional.

The Shaw Remote:

* sends channel up/down, Guide, Menu, numeric pad, rewind, fast-forward, et cetera, to the Shaw PVR,

* should(!) send on/off to the TV -- assuming that the Shaw Remote is pointed at the TV, not at the PVR,

* should(!) send volume up/down to the TV -- "ditto" about aiming,

* should(!) send "input/source" button to the TV -- "ditto".

Note that the Shaw Remote "sends" directly to the TV -- it is not a "pass-through" mode of operation: Remote -> PVR -> TV

0 Kudos

This worked for me: tv off, press and hold set up until t...

jaxsonshouse
Grasshopper

This worked for me: tv off, press and hold set up until the light turns green. Press 13332 and then press power. We tried ever code out there and only this one worked with our new RCA. 

60 inch 4 K tried codes not working any help?

Bernie68
Grasshopper

60 inch 4 K tried codes not working any help?

0 Kudos

Selecting "RCA-Roku" worked for me: Settings -> Remote S...

She-and-I
Grasshopper

Selecting "RCA-Roku" worked for me:

1. Settings -> Remote Settings
  2. Select Voice Remote Pairing
  3. Go to the screen that lets you pick your brand
  4. Do NOT click "RCA", instead, type "RC" into the textbox
  5. THEN, click "Load more" - I saw "RCA", "RCA" and "RCA-Roku" (why two RCAs?)
  6. Select RCA-Roku

Note: I didn't try selecting the "Roku" option that pops up in the initial list - that might work too?
HTH.

I know this is an old post but I finally got my remote wo...

Jhenness01
Grasshopper

I know this is an old post but I finally got my remote working using the TV brand codes 'Curits'. I Googled who makes RCA Smart TV's and found "RCA, an iconic TV brand, now appears on sets produced by Curtis International, a Canadian company." 

Selecting the Curtis brand TV, I think I chose 'didn't work' five or six times before the volume icon appeared using my Shaw remote.  

What worked was using the remote set up option using Curt...

KurtBusch
Grasshopper

What worked was using the remote set up option using Curtis as a TV brand.... Kept filtering through codes until one worked.  TV finally works  

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help