Recorded programs won't delete

wturley
Grasshopper

I am unable to get recorded TV programs to delete using the remote control

Labels (1)
26 Replies

Are you seeing an error message when trying to delete a p...

shaw-valerie

@wturley Are you seeing an error message when trying to delete a program? What type of cable box do you have? 

0 Kudos

I have the same problem since yesterday. It says it's del...

kharris_ca
Grasshopper

I have the same problem since yesterday. It says it's deleting but then doesn't delete anything. 

0 Kudos

I have the same problem. Only solution is to reboot PVR....

LoveBBCEarth
Grasshopper

I have the same problem. Only solution is to reboot PVR. That means downloading program guide again. This has happened twice in two 2 days. I feel it is a problem with a recent software update. Shaw please fix ASAP. 

A Shaw installed PVR - Motorola  DCX3510M Haven’t Reboote...

Grasshopper

A Shaw installed PVR - Motorola  DCX3510M

Haven’t Rebooted yet but did go thru all recordings to check the programs were all till ‘I Delete’ not ‘TIL Space Needed’ as lots of room still available. 

Also, when I go to record a program, the usual red circles ( depending on what kind of recording you are choosing, single prob, series etc) do not appear on the guide screen to show a recording has been scheduled. 

All these issues have just occurred in the last 10 days or so. I will try re-booting now. 

Disappointed that we are now realizing we are missing scheduled recordings as they haven’t recorded and space is filling up without the delete working......

0 Kudos

How old is the PVR? Shaw's document for your  Motorola DC...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

How old is the PVR?

Shaw's document for your  Motorola DCX3510M indicates that it has a 500GB disk-drive.

It's a possibility that the disk-drive is "dying" -- refusing to record, and refusing to delete files from it.

Note that the largest-capacity "old-technology" IDE (Integrated Drive Electronics) were 500 GB.

The current technology of SATA (Serial ATA) disk-drives have a minimum capacity of 160 GB.

So, your 500 GB disk-drive could be a currently-hard-to-find multi-channel 500 GB IDE disk-drive, or it could be a SATA disk-drive.

You might be able to find a "Shaw Expander" (a 1000 GB external disk-drive with an eSATA interface), to see if you can record onto it.  But, adding that hardware will not solve your "unable to delete" (from the built-in disk-drive) issue.

0 Kudos

Our teams have seen some reports of this on that specific...

shaw-valerie

@333 Our teams have seen some reports of this on that specific model. In many cases, simply rebooting the box will correct it, however, if you're still seeing the same issue after a reboot, get in touch with our technical support team and they can attempt a remote reset for you. 

I am having the same issue...how do I reboot a DCX3510-M?

smk
Grasshopper

I am having the same issue...how do I reboot a DCX3510-M?

0 Kudos

This issue is believed to be resolved now, please let me...

shaw-valerie

@wturley @smk @333 @LoveBBCEarth @kharris_ca 

This issue is believed to be resolved now, please let me know if you are still seeing any issues with deleting recordings. 

0 Kudos

I had this problem before in Oct and it was resolved by r...

LoveBBCEarth
Grasshopper

I had this problem before in Oct and it was resolved by rebooting. The problem has now returned. I have 2 programs I have deleted but they do not go away. I rebooted and it did nothing, the issue did not get rid of deleted programs 

TALK TO US
We're here to help