Recorded show freeze or onlyn play 5 seconds

larryse
Grasshopper

every now and then i record a showe and it only plays 3-5 seconds thern juimps back and replays the same 3-5 seconds. i cant ff or jump ahead.

recently it has been freezing after 3-5 seconds but in the case i can jump/ff then it will play ok.on tuesday it was schooled(630) that hasd the problem and wed it was survivor(9pm)

is this a problen with my box? what is going on? 

0 Kudos
4 Replies

Re: Recorded show freeze or onlyn play 5 seconds

shaw-tony

Hey larryse,

Thank you for reaching out! There may be several factors causing that issue. If you haven't done so already, I'd recommend trying some of the troubleshooting steps here to see if it helps fix the issue. If you notice the problem continue to persist after troubleshooting, your best bet is to touch base with our technical support members to further investigate or schedule a service technician with you. 

Cheers,

Tony | Community Mod.

0 Kudos

ME TOO!  More than a couple times now, I record a great h...

Colezey89
Grasshopper

ME TOO!  More than a couple times now, I record a great hockey game may one Football game and before I can finish my playback the recording freezes!  Receiver goes into a RUNO cycle and finally reboots back to live television.  It sucks when your team is on a power play with 4:25 left in the game and you can't watch the end of the game...   What can I do to fix this issue?   Can I replace the HD?

0 Kudos

-- What can I do to fix this issue?   Can I replace the H...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Colezey89 -- What can I do to fix this issue?   Can I replace the HD?

You should contact Shaw (1-888-472-2222) to get them to fix the issue. Shaw can replace the PVR, at no cost to you, since Shaw will do almost anything to retain you as a monthly-paying customer.

0 Kudos

Which cable box do you have, or is this a satellite recei...

rstra
Grand Master

@Colezey89  Which cable box do you have, or is this a satellite receiver? I am not familiar with the RUNO display message.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help