Recording playback problems

dkweimer
Grasshopper

Everytime we playback a recording we get part way through and then get an error that says Shaw is experiencing problems on their end and we should 'try another channel' - when  you try to get any channel they are 'unavailable'.   Happened last night and now again tonight.  Been waiting for support for over an hour?   

Labels (1)
5 Replies

-- do you have any of the older PVRs (Shaw Gateway, Pace,...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@dkweimer -- do you have any of the older PVRs (Shaw Gateway, Pace, Motorola) that records to an internal disk-drive, or do you have the BlueCurve, which records to the "cloud" ?  If the former, it is possible that the disk-drive inside the PVR is failing. Otherwise, keep holding and waiting for Shaw, or connect to their higher-priority interface:  www.shaw.ca/chat

0 Kudos

I’ve been having the same issue for a few months now, and...

Matthew439
Grasshopper

I’ve been having the same issue for a few months now, and especially having a technician coming out twice once to give me a broken box, and then with a new one that’s having same issues as the replaced one before the broken one. I’m not sure why recordings are turning out bad as of late it’s getting frustrating for sure, and would like help on shaws end to fix the issue with recordings

0 Kudos

-- do you have any of the older PVRs (Shaw Gateway, Pace,...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Matthew439 -- do you have any of the older PVRs (Shaw Gateway, Pace, Motorola) that records to an internal disk-drive, or do you have the BlueCurve, which records to the "cloud" ?  If the former, it is possible that the disk-drive inside the PVR is failing.

>  a new one that’s having same issues as the replaced one before the broken one.

This implies that your problem is not any of the 3 your PVR boxes, i.e., it is "elsewhere", such as the quality of data transmission of the Shaw infrastructure between your home and Shaw's "cloud".

> would like help on Shaw's end to fix the issue with recordings

This is a peer-to-peer discussion forum, not a path to Shaw Support. Contact them ( www.shaw.ca/chat ) or 1-888-472-2222, and get them to remotely logon to your PVR, and to check the "signal-strength" reaching it -- a "poor" signal-strength can cause your symptoms.

0 Kudos

blue curve

donpam2
Grasshopper

blue curve

0 Kudos

I’m not sure but when the mechanic came he brought a bran...

Matthew439
Grasshopper

I’m not sure but when the mechanic came he brought a brand new one it the cardboard box they come in. I get this message btw on what it looks like when a recording fails

CFD11450-4C30-47E1-92DF-7A857CE91273.jpeg

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help