Recording Shows - "Keep One" setting

mike0687
Grasshopper

I used to be able to have the BlueSky PVR set to just keep one show.  This was very useful because I record several shows every day.  If I miss a day of News for example, I'm not going to go and try and watch it once the new news is out.  It's done/expired/not of interest.   After many months of enjoying this feature, the "Keep One" button was tampered with over at the developer side and no longer works. 

Now, when I go to my show, instead of seeing just the latest one there, I might see 6 or 7 old ones that I am not going to watch. I can't just go and DELETE ALL or I'll delete current too, so I have to delete them all one by one or - watch my show first and then, if I remember go back in, and the delete them all.  This is such an inconvenience and not at all helpful.

When you are recording 3 or 4 dailies this can be a real pain not to mention it fills up my PVR with garbage.  The support team at Shaw does not recognise this as a bug (seriously)????  If you are missing your functioning "Keep One" setting on series record, please let them know you don't appreciate it.   I am just one voice but I know that 99% of people will just sit back and suffer.  It's just so much  easier to let things slide and settle for second best and let things slide.

6 Replies

Re: Recording Shows - "Keep One" setting

shaw-tony

Hey mike0687, I appreciate your feedback regarding this feature and will pass it along.

0 Kudos

sunnyinvic
Grasshopper

shaw-tony‌ -- Are you confirming that they have removed the "Keep One" option in Bluesky?

0 Kudos

shaw-tony

sunnyinvic the feature should be working as intended and is still there.

0 Kudos

sushihunter
Grasshopper

Interesting...

I just upgraded to BlueSky and the PVR function is very important to me.

Mostly I use it to record daily and weekly news/opinion shows in the event that I miss the live version.

I didn't know about the "Keep One" option until I saw it here. Nice feature.

It would also be nice to have a "Keep Two" option in case you don't get back to it in time.*

(I'm assuming here that Keep One automatically deletes old shows after a day, and is not part of some manual deleting method)

I'll have to go and check this out, thanks.

* OK - just went and played with my PVR settings...

Not only is there a Keep Two option, there is Keep 3, 4, 5, 6, 10 setting!

Perfect!

0 Kudos

I'm having the same issue, but we have ours set to "Keep...

ghostrydr
Grasshopper

I'm having the same issue, but we have ours set to "Keep 10". I have 5 shows with 38 or so episodes each right now. Everything worked fine until we upgraded to the XG1.

0 Kudos

I have the exact same issue.  After about 10 hours total...

Dave5551
Grasshopper

I have the exact same issue.  After about 10 hours total on the phone, Shaw still did not understand this feature ("keep 1 episode") and it is THEIR box.  None of the customer servic4e reps use shaw cable so they are not aware of the feature.  Last week they sent out a service technician to "resolve" the issue.  This was ludicrous but he came and sure enough he also does not use shaw cable and had never heard of the "keep 1 episode" only feature.  It used to work on the old box.  It would be simple to rectify the situation...just fix the "bug".  It's so obvious...and yet after so long NOBODY at shaw understands the feature nor did they help to rectify the issue. 

Dave 

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help