Recording The National New on Ignite

sebrinabenson
Grasshopper

Hello - I go to the Guide and Select the National News on 251 at 6 pm, select and record series on this Channel for what I'm thinking is just this time,  It now records all the National News from 6 pm to 10 pm each day. I've deleted it and tried multiple ways to record the program only at 6 pm, but the system keeps recording multiple times each day. 

Is there a way to stop this or what am I doing wrong or missing? 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies

, when I go to record a single broadcast of a show, I bri...

g-idk
Master

@sebrinabenson , when I go to record a single broadcast of a show, I bring up the guide then scroll to the channel I want, then advance to the time the program is on, and then I press the ok button in the centre, when the display screen comes up on the bottom it shows Episodes/Record/Remind/Info/etc., I then advance to the Record option and press the ok button in the centre and it will ask me if I want to record only this episode or All episodes, I then press only this episode, then wait for the confirmation on the top of the screen and then I exit out of the system and go back to live tv or whatever I was doing.  This seems to work for me perfectly it never records more than that 1 program.  Hope my long winded explantion can help you.  

0 Kudos

Thanks I’m doing that but I want to record this program e...

sebrinabenson
Grasshopper

Thanks I’m doing that but I want to record this program each day at this time not just one day and time!

0 Kudos

, ok my bad/ Maybe someone else can chime in here for you...

g-idk
Master

@sebrinabenson , ok my bad/ Maybe someone else can chime in here for your answer, I've also made a few mistakes with multiple recordings.  

0 Kudos

You could set a recording by time, not sure if it repeats...

rstra
Grand Master
0 Kudos

-- on the "CBC News" channel, the online "Guide" tags the...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@sebrinabenson -- on the "CBC News" channel, the online "Guide" tags the "National News" as being "new" (not a "repeat") at 6 PM, 7 PM, 8 PM, and beyond.  It's only the episodes after midnight that are tagged as "repeat".

When do you watch the recording? Can you record the 10 PM broadcast, on your local CBC channel? That program does not "repeat" on that channel.  It is tagged as "new", so that you may choose to record only the "new" episodes.

0 Kudos

I’ll try that, and keep ya posted!

sebrinabenson
Grasshopper

I’ll try that, and keep ya posted!

0 Kudos

I’ll also try this and keep you posted!

sebrinabenson
Grasshopper

I’ll also try this and keep you posted!

0 Kudos