Jump to solution

Regarding channels not in HD on Shaw

CoffeeLover909
Grasshopper

I filled out the channel request form to ask that some channels that are only available in SD to be added as HD channels, when will I get a response?.......I mean I'm pretty well sure other Shaw customers feel the same, you sure as heck get more channels on Telus that are in HD (while same channels on Shaw are only in SD), oh well I'm not going to hold my breath, I doubt it's going to happen, besides why would I want to watch TV channels on Shaw that are only available in SD, while I could be watching the same channels on Telus in HD, that's why I'll likely switch to Telus after my 2 year agreement is finished. (unfortunately I'm stuck with the agreement which I never should of got into)

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jump to solution

Re: Regarding channels not in HD on Shaw

shaw-tamara

Hi asha 

I don't think those forms are normally responded to individually, but they do go to the team in charge of adding new channels. As cpmrich36  mentioned there are some HD channels that will be available through BlueSky TV once the enhancements have been launched in all of our markets. Currently they are only available in Calgary and some of the surrounding areas. You can find more information on that here: https://community.shaw.ca/docs/DOC-17856

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Jump to solution

cpmrich36
Grasshopper

if you have bluesky tv, Shaw adding more hd channels but if you have gateway TV, unfortunately gateway TV users won't get any added hd channels.  which blows for those customers.  

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

bostonbob
Grasshopper

cpmrich36 wrote:

............unfortunately gateway TV users won't get any added hd channels.  which blows for those customers.  

SHAW should be embarrassed by this.......but they just don't care.

Jump to solution

shaw-tamara

Hi asha 

I don't think those forms are normally responded to individually, but they do go to the team in charge of adding new channels. As cpmrich36  mentioned there are some HD channels that will be available through BlueSky TV once the enhancements have been launched in all of our markets. Currently they are only available in Calgary and some of the surrounding areas. You can find more information on that here: https://community.shaw.ca/docs/DOC-17856

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

CoffeeLover909
Grasshopper

Actually I only have the regular cable through you not Gateway or BlueSky & I live in Vancouver I just I wish I can get out of my contract with you but I can’t afford to pay the $400 to do so 

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

budsgirl
Grasshopper

Same with having just ordinary cable boxes or pvrs - no more HD channels.  And in order to subscribe to Bluesky you must subscribe to Shaw internet. 

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Not applicable

So, Shaw effectively is abandoning its long-time customers, the ones who paid hundreds of dollars to purchase their HD equipment. Doesn't bode well for customer relations. And aren't customers king, when it comes to business long term?

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

bostonbob
Grasshopper

dxer wrote:

So, Shaw effectively is abandoning its long-time customers, the ones who paid hundreds of dollars to purchase their HD equipment. Doesn't bode well for customer relations. And aren't customers king, when it comes to business long term?

By not offering these new HD channels to subscribers that are not using the BlueSky system SHAW is basically telling customers like me that we just don't matter anymore. I have to think that once their contracts are up many longtime SHAW customers ( including myself ) will seriously look elsewhere for their TV serices. Apparently Telus is now offering to buy SHAW customers out of their contracts regardless of how much time and money is left but I'm not sure if that is actually official. 

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Not applicable

When will Vancouver be getting these HD upgrades for BlueSky, like Calgary is getting?

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

why when i have wrote channel 132 it appear channel 2 ins...

tanious
Grasshopper

why when i have wrote channel 132 it appear channel 2 instead in my shaw tv

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help