Remote control power button, volume control and mute volume not working. Changed remoe and same.

moravcik1
Grasshopper

7 Replies

If you've gotten a new remote or TV, the Shaw remote will...

shaw-valerie

@moravcik1 If you've gotten a new remote or TV, the Shaw remote will need to be programmed to control your TV. Follow the steps on this page to do that, and you should be all set! 

0 Kudos

I turned on my tv with the remote and then could not shut...

baforrest
Grasshopper

I turned on my tv with the remote and then could not shut it off, turn volume up or down and mute button not working. All others are working.  Why would it stop working just after I turned the TV on with the remote?

0 Kudos

-- your Shaw remote-control must be programmed to send on...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@baforrest -- your Shaw remote-control must be programmed to send on/off and volume up/down signals to whatever specific TV that you have. All the other buttons on the Shaw remote-control are sent to the Shaw box, not to your TV. So, those "other" buttons should always work to control your Shaw box.

Please read what "Valerie" wrote, above, in 2019. It still applies.

0 Kudos

Even after ebntering all codes still does not work… it wa...

DanaeMarie
Grasshopper

Even after ebntering all codes still does not work… it was fine yesterday 

0 Kudos

-- for me, on the back of my Shaw remote-control, I see:...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@DanaeMarie -- for me, on the back of my Shaw remote-control, I see:

1. turn on the device [namely your TV]
  2. Press Device key [namely the TV button on the remote]
  3. Press and hold SETUP (LED blinks twice)
  4. Press POWER key
  5. Press CH+ [channel up] repeatedly until device [TV] turns off
  6. Press SETUP when device turns off

For me, it literally was OVER FIFTY pushes of CH+ before the TV turned off.

What manufacturer and model-number is your TV?

0 Kudos

who is valerie????

grrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Grasshopper

who is valerie???? 

I want to express my deep frustration with the XR15 remot...

saraonthego
Grasshopper

I want to express my deep frustration with the XR15 remote, as the difficulty in pressing its buttons, even after trying the XR11, has made changing channels or adjusting volume an arduous task. In this age of advanced technology, it's disheartening that Shaw's current offering falls short. I've endured these issues for years, and despite my complaints, I receive the same response. I've invested countless hours grappling with this remote issue, and I'm reluctant to explore further options due to the substantial time already wasted. I implore you to elevate this matter to your higher-ups, urging them to devise a resolution. The persistence of this problem demands a more comprehensive and effective approach to ensure a satisfactory resolution. I urge you to consider alternatives and address this matter at the highest level, as the current situation is neither fair nor reflective of the premium price I pay for a subpar service. My persistent concerns about the remote's functionality, which might be attributed to the receiving box, remain unaddressed. I'd appreciate information on how Shaw plans to rectify this longstanding issue to ensure that my payments align with the quality of service I expect. The TV doesn't operate by itself. The fact that Shaw attributes its resolution challenges to a factory issue and a supplier issue raises concerns about who is overseeing Shaw's customer service.The TV doesn't operate by itself. The fact that Shaw attributes its resolution challenges to a factory issue and a supplier issue raises concerns about who is overseeing Shaw's customer service.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help