Jump to solution

Remote not working for PVR, but still works for TV

timjah
Grasshopper

Hello,

I have a Motorola DCX3510M PVR box with a fairly new Champion 2025B2-B1 remote. For some reason the remote no longer seems to be giving commands to the PVR. I get no response when in "cable mode"; however the remote still works on in TV mode to turn on/off the TV or volume, and other functions.  Just to make sure my PVR is working normally,  I used another universal remote that is programmed for the PVR, it still works but some functions it does not emulate so I would like to get the Shaw remote working properly again.

It seems like both PVR and remote devices are receiving functioning, it just appears as if the Champion remote just lost its code for the Motorola PVR, which I thought it was it's default. 

How do I set it back to be able to control the PVR?  

How does this happen in the first place?

Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jump to solution

Re: Remote not working for PVR, but still works for TV

shaw-tamara

Hello   and moniska_javei 

If your Champion remote has stopped working, you can reprogram it using the following: Press and hold both Setup and A (or Setup and B) buttons until the LED blinks twice. Usually it works with Setup and A but if that doesn't fix it, try B instead.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Jump to solution

Not applicable

Hey I am facing the same issue, i.e  both PVR and remote devices are receiving functioning, it just appears as if the Champion remote just lost its code for the Motorola PVR. 

Did you find any proper solution?

____________________________________________________________________________________

krogerfeedback

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

shaw-tamara

Hello   and moniska_javei 

If your Champion remote has stopped working, you can reprogram it using the following: Press and hold both Setup and A (or Setup and B) buttons until the LED blinks twice. Usually it works with Setup and A but if that doesn't fix it, try B instead.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

timjah
Grasshopper

Hi, 

After having the remote seem to not work that night, the next morning (without doing anything) it was fine again. 

Then weeks later the same thing occurred. It seems to happen when playing back certain recorded shows, if the recording is left to run until finish and the PVR finally flips back to TV on it's own, the remote (sometimes) for some odd reason seems to not work for a number of hours after. If left alone it seems to be fine the next day. 

I will try the suggested setup A or B option if this happens again, but all other attempts to reset codes have failed and I have no idea why just leaving it overnight seems to set it back. Maybe there is an intermittent electrical part failure but that seems odd that it only affects the cable function of the remote and not any other.

Is there any "parental lock" mode a remote can go into that would cause this by accident?

BTW there are no kids playing with the remote at my place.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

timjah
Grasshopper

Hi,

Came home today to find (again) the remote didn't seem to be able to turn on the PVR. Tried the Setup A until the cable button blinked twice, and then it was working again!

Still don't know why the remote seems to lose it's settings, maybe it's flaky and needs replacement.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Not applicable

I have no idea why just leaving it overnight seems to set it back

mod edit - link removed

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help