Jump to solution

Receiver is connected to RCA outputs on TV (will move to...

itrigger
Grasshopper

Receiver is connected to RCA outputs on TV (will move to optical in a later step but trying to reproduce original setup before changing anything except the BlueCurve box). And TV is set to send sound to RCA outputs, not to its own speakers. So it is perfectly expected that nothing happens when the TV volume is changed or muted.

Indeed, it seems the receiver pairing overwrites the TV pairing. It did NOT do this before, though. This has been a working setup for several years. So... why is the receiver pairing as a "TV" and not as an audio receiver, even though the setup tells me it has paired the TV and will now pair the audio receiver?

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Regretfully this is not an answer I can assist you with,...

LarryMo
Grasshopper

Regretfully this is not an answer I can assist you with, due to limited technical understanding.   I was only able to advise based on my experience and time spent with Shaw to resolve the issue I suffered.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Here is my experience.   If you just set up the TV and sk...

LarryMo
Grasshopper

Here is my experience.   If you just set up the TV and skip the audio set up, the remote will work fine to change the channels, control the volume on your tv and power function works fine.   HOWEVER, you (and I) do not want the sound from the tv, rather from your external receiver.   This is why you need to do the EXTRA step.......Here it is step by step

1. press and hold Setup key until LED at the top remote changes to green, then let go

2. Press the 'Shaw' button on remote once

3. pair remote to box with the 3 digit code on the screen

4. when it prompts to program tv volume, choose yes, complete that (even if you can not hear, accept it), and next when it ask to program audio receiver choose *"NO" (*Important, don't miss this step)

THEN....... (the extra step........manually program sound bar/audio receiver immediately thereafter)

1. press and hold SETUP until the LED light turns Green then let go

2. enter on number pad: (the code you got from the code finder)

3. test volume on audio receiver with bluecurve remote, if it works then test "All Power" button on remote turns off BOTH the TV and the sound bar/audio receiver

0 Kudos
Holmgren
Grasshopper
  •  
0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help