Resetting purchase pin

Jmlredford
Grasshopper

I have recently (a few months back) upgraded my tv box and modem to the newest available I believe. Anyways I do believe I set up a 4 digit purchase pin way back years ago on the older Shaw box to keep my 35 year old son from ordering movies without permission. But a few weeks ago I wanted to purchase a movie( which I never do ) and up came the screen asking for the 4 digit pin. Needless to say..... and the reason I’m here, is the pin I use for everything didn’t work. 5 try’s and it locked me out. 
Loooong wait time, eventually getting a person to talk to on the phone and going through several different steps at “My Shaw” trying to reset the “purchase pin” by resetting the “parental controls” as instructed, seemed to frustrate the service tech on the phone as much as it did frustrating me. 
Take note: the tv in the bedroom accepted the purchase pin and after stopping the movie in the bedroom I was able to restart the movie in the living room without asking for the purchase pin. 
Please help if anyone can, I am wanting to RESET my purchase pin so I can sit in the living room and purchase a movie. Keep in mind attempting to reset at “My Shaw” website didn’t seem to work as I was instructed.

thanks for any help provide

Labels (1)
5 Replies

When you go through these steps to reset your PIN in MySh...

shaw-valerie

@Jmlredford When you go through these steps to reset your PIN in MyShaw, what is happening? 

0 Kudos

nothing i don't know original pin

ajkarpinsky
Grasshopper

nothing

i don't know original pin

0 Kudos

-- i don't know original PIN. If you contact Shaw Support...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@ajkarpinsky -- i don't know original PIN.

If you contact Shaw Support [1-888-472-2222 or www.shaw.ca/chat] can they reset the PIN to some "temporary" value, so that you can update that PIN to one of your choice?

0 Kudos

It tells me "we sent you an email with instructions to re...

2FA
Grasshopper

It tells me "we sent you an email with instructions to reset your pin" but no email is received ( not in junk either). Instead an email comes asking me if i asked to change my password and to conract Shaw if I didn't.

0 Kudos

--  from this thread on 2023-11-13 09:22 AM If you contac...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@2FA --  from this thread on 2023-11-13 09:22 AM
If you contact Shaw Support [1-888-472-2222 or www.shaw.ca/chat] can they reset the PIN to some "temporary" value, so that you can update that PIN to one of your choice?

Or, from: https://support.shaw.ca/t5/tv-articles/how-to-disable-ignite-tv-parental-controls-using-my-shaw/ta-p...

Disabling parental controls using My Shaw

To disable parental controls using My Shaw:

1. Go to my.shaw.ca and sign in.
  2. Select My Services > TV from the menu at the top.
  3. Scroll down to the Parental Controls section.
  4. Select Edit beside the Ignite Entertainment Box or TV Player you'd like to reset parental controls for.
  5. Options to reset your Purchase PIN or Parental Controls PIN are displayed.

Unfortunately, the above web-page is not current.  Blame it on the Rogers take-over of Shaw in April 2023.

So, from: https://support.shaw.ca/t5/tv-articles/how-to-enable-purchase-protection-in-bluecurve-tv/ta-p/6711

To create a Purchase PIN and turn Purchase Protection on or off, using the remote-control:

1. Press the Shaw button on your remote.
  2. Use the right arrow button to select Settings (the gear icon).
  3. Press OK on the remote.
  4. Use the down arrow and select Purchase PIN and press OK.
    • You may be required to enter your Parental Lock PIN. Use the number buttons on the remote control to enter the PIN in the Enter PIN field of the Enter Your Control PIN screen:

Good luck!

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help