Rogers offers Disney+ to Rogers TV customers at no additional cost

rstra
Grand Master

It’s the ad supported version, but not bad. I am not at home to check my Ignite TV, so I am not sure if we can only access through the box or if we can use the app.

https://about.rogers.com/news-ideas/rogers-offers-disney-to-rogers-tv-customers-at-no-additional-cos...

Edit: If you qualify, you will see a Disney+ banner when you login to my.shaw.ca

FAQ: 

https://support.shaw.ca/t5/billing-account-articles/how-to-link-your-shaw-account-to-disney-plus/ta-...

Labels (1)
10 Replies

Hi  , great news,  thanks for posting. I just confirmed I...

g-idk
Master

Hi @rstra , great news😁,  thanks for posting. I just confirmed I qualify, but with just my luck I just signed up yesterday with disney+ for the ad supported plan and of course paid them $7.99  ahhh life.  Guess I'll have to keep it for the one month cancel it and then switch over to the Rogers/Shaw  free plan after that.  Thanks again for the great news.  

, just a quick update for everyone.  Everything just went...

g-idk
Master

@rstra , just a quick update for everyone.  Everything just went smoothly, I was able to use the Rogers/Shaw activation, followed the instructions and even though I already have an ad-supported subscription for Disney+ it automatically put my paid subscription account on pause (so no billing) and switched my subscription to the ad-supported Rogers/Shaw account (free now).  The Rogers/Shaw App on the tv now works for me, and so do my other devices. so long as you only have 1 device streaming Disney+ at a time.  So Hope everyone that can takes advantage of this offer.  

-- Good for you. When I access the My Shaw Portal, I see...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@g-idk -- Good for you. When I access the My Shaw Portal, I see that I have Total TV, but I do not see the Disney+ offer, yet.

Current Monthly Services (01-Jun-24 to 30-Jun-24)

Fibre+ 500             $119.00
Total TV                     $98.00
Total TV Discount  -$20.00

Sigh.

0 Kudos

, well that's a bummer, you should be entitled since you...

g-idk
Master

@mdk , well that's a bummer, you should be entitled since you have total tv, I least that's the way I understand it.  Hopefully you can get it straightened out, is there any chance some sort of ad-blocker is preventing the banner from showing up?  I know highly unlikely but hey you never know.  

0 Kudos

Do you have Ignite TV, or legacy hardware?

rstra
Grand Master

@mdk  Do you have Ignite TV, or legacy hardware?

0 Kudos

I too thought that but I found the offer under subscripti...

robmann
Grasshopper

I too thought that but I found the offer under subscriptions.

I know have Disney

Quoting a Shaw web-site (and omitting some app-only conte...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

Quoting a Shaw web-site (and omitting some app-only content):

When you’re subscribed to Disney+ through Shaw, you can check your subscription status and find other resources from My Shaw.

Solution:

Select My Services at the top and select Subscriptions.

Information for your Disney+ subscription is:

• Subscription status.
  • Subscription ID (can be provided to Disney+ Support if you require assistance with your Disney+ account).
  • Links to Shaw support and contact information.

Despite the above documentation, I do not see "Subscriptions" anywhere.

Maybe, when Summer 2024 & Fail 2024 have passed, I will try again. I doubt that Disney+ will remove any contact that I "need" to watch [Obi Wan, Orville, Mandalorian, Dr. Who] in the next few months.  🙂

0 Kudos

You need to be an Ignite TV subscriber, if you are and st...

rstra
Grand Master

@mdk  You need to be an Ignite TV subscriber, if you are and still don’t see the option to subscribe, you should talk to Rogers.

0 Kudos

As usual for me, the Shaw stuff never works. I note on my...

Gordoncarter
Grasshopper

As usual for me, the Shaw stuff never works. I note on myshaw.ca/subscriptions that I have the Disney+ subscription, but no way to activate it. There is NO banner on myshaw account! I have Fiber 300 and Total TV, whish qualifies. When I try to sign in to shaw.ca on my phone,  after I scan the QR dose, there is the sms verification code sent to the phone. I put the code in, and when I put in the last number, all the other numbers disappear, and I can't sign in.  I have been a Shaw customer for 20 years, and they still can't get it right.

0 Kudos