Scehdule PVR recording from BlueCurve App

ben_crnkovic
Grasshopper

I recently switched from Gateway portal hardware to BlueCurve Home/Cloud PVR. Using the BlueCurve TV app, is there a way to set or schedule PVR recordings? I can see recorded programs, and delete programs, but no place to start/set/schedule recordings remotely/when away from home. I can't seem to find a place to do so. This was a convenient option that was available in the gateway app for iOS/Apple device.

Thanks

Labels (1)
22 Replies

Nope! That’s why I have yet to make the switch as you did...

ltrmcrew
Grasshopper

Nope! That’s why I have yet to make the switch as you did. I can’t believe you can now watch your recorded shows or even download them to an app BUT cannot set your pvr with the app. Unreal. Telus is surging ahead rapidly with their technology. I’m a loyal Shaw customer but it’s starting to feel like an old dinosaur now. Tech is old and only half functionality. The support which used to be superior is now hours on queue. 

Ok, you can't set your PVR with the app....but there are...

Titanium69
Grasshopper

Ok, you can't set your PVR with the app....but there are countless reasons why I abandoned Telus and their antiquated hardware. Their remote has no voice control. They say they give a bandwidth of 75 Mpbs, which I never saw go past 45. They cap your data and charge you for your overages.

Shaw has a bandwidth of 300 Mpbs for the same price, so if it slows down to even < 200, I still don't notice. There is no data cap.

I have in-home security cameras...when connecting thru their app via Telus, I had a 10-15 delay to connect. With Shaw, it's within 2 seconds.

So you can rah-rah-rah about Telus, but I'll never go back.

Record by PVR..I'm sure it's just around the corner and I'll gladly wait.

Shaw needs to get on this. It's frustrating to not be abl...

nbays
Grasshopper

Shaw needs to get on this. It's frustrating to not be able to set a  program to record,  remotely. 

So around the corner? It’s now 6 months later. Still can’...

Damonic
Grasshopper

So around the corner? It’s now 6 months later. Still can’t record remotely. I’m forced to have Telus because of where I live. No Shaw out here and now I’m glad. My mom is on she and I’m trying to record a show remotely and can’t. You can think Telus is old but they have 940mb a second. No limits. A pvr the can be set from my phone. I’d rather have remote pvr access then a talk to remote. I use the remote feature weekly. I could care less to talk to my remote. 

Agreed!!!

Lynkd
Grasshopper

Agreed!!! 

This is ridiculous that we cannot record from our iPad or...

Ace0022
Grasshopper

This is ridiculous that we cannot record from our iPad or iPhone to record shows the old Gateway sister had it it’s been months and months and it still no update to record from her iPhone or iPad very disappointed in Shaw..

I just switched over from the Gateway and was surprised t...

VinceYEG
Grasshopper

I just switched over from the Gateway to BlueCurve and was surprised that the ability to schedule recordings from the app was missing.

Wish I had read this thread before spending the last 2 ho...

Kal0003
Grasshopper

Wish I had read this thread before spending the last 2 hours setting up my blue curve and programming hall the remotes and boxing up my old Gateway system. 
There is NO excuse to not allow app based recording/scheduling but yet allow cloud based viewing of your recorded shows. 
I will be sending back my blue curve and setting up my gateway again. I really wanted to upgrade to have the ability to watch my recorded sports programs remotely. But the loss of the recording feature is soooo much worse as I frequently have to record shows from work that I forgot to record at home and would hate to miss out because I forgot. 
would much rather not be able to watch remotely, than not be able to watch at all because I can’t record it. 

And you can't even watch a show remotely from the beginni...

Darren69
Grasshopper

And you can't even watch a show remotely from the beginning that is still being recorded on the pvr. Seriously Shaw?

TALK TO US
We're here to help