seniors - simple remote control

DonWiens
Grasshopper

I was looking for a simple remote for Seniors with cognitive difficulties. The "Delta Senior" looks promising but apparently is being discontinued? Are there other options for a simple remote control for use by seniors? The senior having problems has a Shaw TV device using the Champ Remote. 

Labels (1)
8 Replies

Shaw used to provide one, you may want to check with them...

rstra
Grand Master

@DonWiens 

Shaw used to provide one, you may want to check with them to see if it is still available. There is the Flipper remote from Amazon that gets good reviews. 

0 Kudos

I

ouellr
Grasshopper

I

0 Kudos

I wish they would enable the Bluecurve remotes where a se...

ouellr
Grasshopper

I wish they would enable the Bluecurve remotes where a senior could talk into it to work with seniors residences that primarily use the older Motorola tv boxes in commercial accounts. They wisely put the tv input button at the bottom far away from the power buttons !

been bashing my head against the wall trying to find a so...

KS--
Grasshopper

been bashing my head against the wall trying to find a solution for the extremely poorly designed blue curve remote. My mom with her poor eyesight can't see the tiny power button. Wasted hours waiting to talk to an actual person only to be put on hold multiple times. All this just to learn that Shaw really doesn't give a dam about seniors and doesn't have a single alternative for them!!

Not sure if you have the newer XR15 blue curve remote. If...

techfan
Grasshopper

Not sure if you have the newer XR15 blue curve remote. If it is I would recommend going on a Shaw chat or call and request the older XR11 remote. It has all the same functionality as the XR15 but the buttons are much easier to use. I requested two a few weeks back and Shaw sent them to me. This may work better for your mom.

0 Kudos

Please- can we have guidance for which senior fiendly rem...

CPN
Grasshopper

Please- can we have guidance for which senior fiendly remotes are compatible with new shaw boxes.  eg XiOne-SC(b).  I have the same problem that the XR15 buttons are so small my mother cannot read them, and it is difficult to operate for her.  Please have a cognitive and eyesight friendly alternative to the standard remote.

You could check out some of the senior friendly universal...

rstra
Grand Master

@CPN  You could check out some of the senior friendly universal remotes and see if the manufacturer indicates if they work with Xfinity X1 boxes. Remember, your mother could do most of the remote commands with the voice control.

0 Kudos

I am 97 years old and find it very difficult to read the...

Akulbaba
Grasshopper

I am 97 years old and find it very difficult to read the remote numbers and arrows

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help