Set box is stuck on screensaver images

IainMac
Grasshopper

My TV continually displays screensaver images that I know are coming from the set box.  I've tried unplugging and  rebooting (including an unplugged interval of more than two hours) and continually get the same outcome.  So far, I can't knock the set box out of the screensaver mode. Help?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

-- My TV continually displays screensaver images that I k...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@IainMac -- My TV continually displays screensaver images that I know are coming from the set box.

To confirm this, disconnect the HDMI cable from the TV, and see if the TV is still generating the images.

I've tried unplugging and  rebooting (including an unplugged interval of more than two hours) and continually get the same outcome. 

Have you tried the "pin-hole-reset", to return to the "factory settings" on the Set Top Box?

> Help?

Contact Shaw (www.shaw.ca/chat) or 1-888-472-2222, and ask the Shaw Agent to remotely logon to your S.T.B., to check it out.

0 Kudos

That screen saver option is such a pain. I am wish they w...

The_seascape
Grasshopper

That screen saver option is such a pain. I wish they would give us a way to disable it all together. 

0 Kudos

You could crank it up to 5 hours, maybe that would help.

rstra
Grand Master

@The_seascape You could crank it up to 5 hours, maybe that would help.

0 Kudos

The same happened to my mothers TV. It ended up being an...

robmann
Grasshopper

The same happened to my mothers TV. It ended up being an issue with the remote losing its brain. Try removing and replacing the batteries. I stumbled upon the solution by going to another set top box/tv and reprogramming the remote to the TV - then went back to the messed up TV/box. The remote worked properly again just needed to reprogram once more to the offending TV. This happened over a year ago never had the problem since.  

TALK TO US
We're here to help