SHAW Dropping Peachtree TV

bostonbob
Grasshopper

So I just noticed the following announcement in the " Service Updates & Outages " section:

As of April 30, we will no longer be carrying Peachtree TV as part of our channel lineup. This channel will be removed from all lineups across the country and will not be replaced at this time. Please chat or call in if you are subscribed to this channel, as a part of your theme pack or pick and pay - contact us to review your options today.

So why is SHAW dropping this channel ??? My GF is not definitely happy about this news because she watches 2 shows on Peachtree TV that do not air on any other channel that we subscribe to. I would think the least SHAW could do is replace it with another similar channel because you know that they are not going to discount our bill. 

Labels (1)
19 Replies

Anybody ????

bostonbob
Grasshopper

Anybody ????

0 Kudos

Likely a carriage dispute between Turner and Shaw.

rstra
Grand Master

Likely a carriage dispute between Turner and Shaw.

One of my mom's favorite channels.  I"m paying $267 a mon...

ironicman
Grasshopper

One of my mom's favorite channels.  I"m paying $267 a month for shaw tv and internet with prices set to go higher with less channels. If it was just me I'd eliminate most of the tv channels since I mostly use plex.

0 Kudos

> I"m paying $267 a month for shaw tv and internet with p...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

> I"m paying $267 a month for shaw tv and internet with prices set to go higher with less channels.

Ouch. After taxes, on a "two-year Value Plan", I am paying $65 less than that, and my "Triple Play" bundle includes Shaw Phone, with extra phone features.  Also, it includes a two-year "no cost increase" feature.

Are you paying for movie channels? PPV? Movies on demand?

Note that Shaw has deferred their proposed price adjustments scheduled for June 1.

Other than Peachtree, what do you mean by "less channels" ?

0 Kudos

Why are you paying so much? I have shaw total. 2nd from t...

TastyChimera
Grasshopper

Why are you paying so much? I have shaw total. 2nd from top tier plan with 9 theme packs and High Speed 600 on a two year value plan, and it costs me 200 bucks a month (not a new customer so I pay the non-introductory rate). So you’re doing something wrong, you were probably stubborn when they suggested you change your plan and sign a 2-year agreement, only reason I can see you paying that much. 

0 Kudos

So, has anyone found a channel similar at all? Trying to...

CanadianMe
Grasshopper

So, has anyone found a channel similar at all? Trying to find something to watch now that is along the same lines and have no idea.

0 Kudos

I agree! It’s April 30th and today is the first day I’ve...

Comets82
Grasshopper

I agree! It’s April 30th and today is the first day I’ve seen this note. I watch Seinfeld at 10 and Chicago PD at 11:00. What is the reason for them to take it out! Nobody’s giving an explanation.

Speaking of which, I went to go look at all available cha...

CanadianMe
Grasshopper

Speaking of which, I went to go look at all available channels to add so I could replace Peachtree, has anyone noticed all the channels that will soon be cancelled?

Wow! Long list. There's not going to much left after June. 😞

0 Kudos

Which other channels are being dropped ???? And where did...

bostonbob
Grasshopper

@CanadianMe wrote:

Speaking of which, I went to go look at all available channels to add so I could replace Peachtree, has anyone noticed all the channels that will soon be cancelled?

Which other channels are being dropped ???? And where did you find this list of channels ???? 

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help