I just got off a lengthy chat with shaw about Peachtree a...

thisisfreakingd
Grasshopper

I just got off a lengthy chat with shaw about Peachtree and I was told the broadcaster doesn't supply the channel anymore.  When I asked for a substitute channel for it, I was told there was none, when I asked for a reduction on my invoice, I was told there was none.  When I stated how illogical that was, I was told they were sorry but that is the way it is.  When I pushed further and described it as a McDonalds Meal Combo, if they took one of those items away, I would receive a substitute for the item, I kid you not (I have the chat copied) he told me it was like McDonalds selling a burger and they used to include onions but they don't anymore and it is the same price and would I request money off of that?  NICE!  I did say I could send the burger back and get my money refunded, that isn't an option here.  I also asked if Shaw was having to continue to pay for a service they were no longer receiving between the broadcaster and them and the answer is likely NO but you expect your customers to continue to pay.  Customer service excellence! 😞 

Go to TV, Tv programming, then to Channel add ons, then c...

CanadianMe
Grasshopper

Go to TV, Tv programming, then to Channel add ons, then click News and Free previews and they list all the channels that will soon be dropped.

Like, omg...lots of great channels will soon be gone.

0 Kudos

Those channels aren’t being dropped, they are on free pre...

rstra
Grand Master

Those channels aren’t being dropped, they are on free preview and the date shows when they will no longer be on preview.

I agree with you I love Chicago PD it's my favorite show,...

Maria51
Grasshopper

I agree with you I love Chicago PD it's my favorite show, why did Shaw take it away??? I'm pissed!!!

0 Kudos

On what channel are they??? Free preview where???

Maria51
Grasshopper

On what channel are they??? Free preview where???

0 Kudos

> where are the Free Previews? They are listed on Shaw's...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

> where are the Free Previews?

They are listed on Shaw's web-site.

0 Kudos

The "Chicago PD" show is broadcast on Thursday evenings,...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

The "Chicago PD" show is broadcast on Thursday evenings, on one of the "standard" channels (2 through 13, depending on the channel line-up in your location).

0 Kudos

I was told the broadcaster doesn't supply the channel any...

starchoice
Grasshopper

I was told the broadcaster doesn't supply the channel anymore

They are liars or just ignorant, maybe both. The channel is indeed offered by the broadcaster and still carried in Canada, e.g. Telus still offers it. 

Which is a load of crap because i just checked and BellMT...

sfisher
Grasshopper

Which is a load of crap because i just checked and BellMTS still offers Peachtree....

Peachtree is no longer carried on Shaw due to a carriage...

michaelstein
Grasshopper

Peachtree is no longer carried on Shaw due to a carriage dispute or either company chose not to renew a redistribution contract

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help