Shaw On Demand - no FF and odd errors

JazzB
Grasshopper

The fact that one cannot fast forward when watching an "on demand" show is just a very poor service offering. It really irritates when Shaw has an error that results in lost signal - as just happened to us a few minutes ago -  and the modem and TV box both need to be restarted. We had already watched all but the last 5-6 minutes of the show, but when the signal was restored and I went back to the on demand show, it started over from the beginning again! We couldn't fast forward to, or resume from, where we left off when the signal was lost. Why the &#*@ would I want to sit through 45 minutes of a program I had literally just watched to catch the last five minutes?

The combination of a system that doesn't allow resumption or FF of on demand shows, combined with poor value for money overall, means I will be very, very happy when my contract expires (my bad) and I can drop this service in the dumpster to which it belongs.

Labels (1)
4 Replies

Hello JazzB,    As someone who watches far to much TV, I...

shaw-don

Hello JazzB

As someone who watches far to much TV, I completely understand. That said, it is normally due to broadcasting restrictions set by the content owners as to the ability to FF through their programming is available or not. I believe it is partly so people don't FF through the very shortened commercials that are still within the program. 

0 Kudos

Then you should be able to forward the movie till the com...

radetic
Grasshopper

Then you should be able to forward the movie till the commercial, watch the spot and after that fast forward to the next commercial

0 Kudos

Ya this is so stupid. Watching Tupac Dear Mama doc and wa...

MacFly4Life
Grasshopper

Ya this is so stupid. Watching Tupac Dear Mama doc and watched the same first 35 min over and over. Shaw is a joke plan and simple. Pay 180 dollars a month and they still need money from advertising making you think your getting shaw on demand while they double dip. Greedy asf

0 Kudos

Dear Mama is on a cable channel, broadcast and on demand...

rstra
Grand Master

@MacFly4Life  Dear Mama is on a cable channel, broadcast and on demand will have commercials, the only way around that is to set a recording so you can fast forward. 

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help