signal issues with H2 channel?

Not applicable

For a few days, now, there appears to be signal problems - particularly with the H2 channel.  Every 5-10 seconds, pixelation appears similar to this: https://community.shaw.ca/docs/DOC-1030 or sound clipping occurs.  This is also occurring on other channels as well, but I haven't done extensive research on how many channels (for example, it happens on H2, Slice, and DTour, but I am not seeing it on the Food Network, Lifetime or HGTV).  Because this isn't a universal issue (i.e. on all channels), that indicates to me that there may be an issue no Shaw's end?   

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

Re: signal issues with H2 channel?

Not applicable

as another note: restarting the bluesky box does, temporarily, correct the issue, but not for all of the channels.

0 Kudos

shaw-tamara

Hi ziggurcat 

Different channels occupy different frequencies, so it's possible that you have a signal issue that is only affecting some of the channels. I did a quick check to see if we had any other reports of pixelization or audio issues with H2, Slice or Dtour but I'm not seeing any major issues at the moment. Did you try any of the troubleshooting steps on the document you linked? If not, I'd recommend unplugging the main BlueSky box and then check to make sure the cables are connected tightly before plugging it back in. If that doesn't resolve the issue, then I'd recommend getting in touch with customer support so they can take a look at your signal levels. 

0 Kudos

Not applicable

Hi Tamara,

I can say with a great deal of certainty that the issue isn't on my end.  I've had tech come in on more than one occasion in the past, and everything has been replaced (cables, and connectors).  I can also verify that none of the connections are loose.  If the problem was occurring on all channels (as it has in the past), I would be more inclined to agree that it could be an issue on my end.  As mentioned, restarting my BlueSky box did temporarily resolve the pixelation/sound issue with the DTour channel, but it did not resolve the other channels mentioned.  As I am not currently at home, I cannot confirm whether the issue is still occurring as of right now.  Should it be the case when I get home from work this evening, I will probably contact customer support via chat to see if we can solve what the issue might be.   

0 Kudos

I’m experiencing same for  last few days with HGTV being...

Jennthompson5
Grasshopper

I’m experiencing same for  last few days with HGTV being all pixelated and choppy

0 Kudos

> for  last few days  The "Spring Equinox" is coming this...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

> for  last few days 

The "Spring Equinox" is coming this week, where the tilt of the Earth's axis makes the Sun appear to cross the Equator. Also above the Equator are all the TV satellites, in stationary orbits.  So, while Shaw's earth-based satellite dishes are pointed at those satellites, the Sun could be (seasonally) be present "behind" the satellite, for at least part of the day.

During what hours of the day (in your timezone) is the HGTV broadcast "bad" for you? Is it OK at night?

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help