So i have one cable box that works and the other one shows not authorized on all channels but one ,history channel

sysoo
Grasshopper

So i have one cable box that works and the other one shows not authorized on all channels but one ,history channel

0 Kudos
2 Replies

Re: So i have one cable box that works and the other one shows not authorized on all channels but one ,history channel

shaw-tamara

Hi sysoo 

Something like this could just be a loose cable connection, so I'd recommend starting with One Moment Please Error (Ref Code: s0a00) for troubleshooting. If the box hasn't been used in a while, or used to be on another account, then you might have to have it added to the account and activated again. If that's the case, our customer support team can help you with that. 

0 Kudos

Re: So i have one cable box that works and the other one shows not authorized on all channels but one ,history channel

Not applicable

History is in Preview right now so it is not encrypted..

Not authorized is just as it says, the Set-top-box believes that you are not authorized to view the channel.

I believe the system automatically refreshes all STBs overnight, so hopefully it will fix itself, but likely you'll need to talk to Shaw to get them to correct the STB's channel lineup.  -  Had this happen to me more times than I can count

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help