So Shaw no longer offering theme packs???

CoffeeLover
Grasshopper

I was just at my local Shaw retail store to return a Bluecurve box that was sent to me by mistake....I was talking to the person working at the counter about my package as it's Limited TV with pick 10 for $22 & at month to month as for my cable I don't want the commitment of a 2 year contract (my internet I'm ok with it being 2 year contract ), I said I want to add a theme pack or 2 to replace the pick 10, well the person said Shaw no longer us offering theme packs,The only ones would be Timeshift & World & Adventure & TSN Sportsnet theme packs ($15 each or $25 for both)...…& I'm sorry I'm not paying $25 for sports theme packs that basically show Sportsnet regional channels showing the same programs on each other....& the same with the individual TSN channels .....when did this happen ? It seems to me that Shaw is offering us less & less options & choices for tv and channels & packages.....I did have the Digital Classic package which I really liked but I was paying about $190 per month for my services with it so I had to downgrade to Limited TV to save money as I'm on lower income ....yes I think of going to Telus but I think it would be the same 

Labels (1)
14 Replies

I have a feeling that Shaw will bring more options back,...

rstra
Grand Master

I have a feeling that Shaw will bring more options back, They can’t continue just offering two TV packages, when Telus has 40 themE packs.

> Sportsnet regional channels showing the same programs o...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

Sportsnet regional channels showing the same programs on each other

Hmm. Tomorrow, at 4 PM Pacific, SportsNet is showing 4 hours of "Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show",

while SportsNet One is showing LA Clippers at Philadephia 76ers, immediately followed by Boston Celtics at Houston Rockets.

Definitely not the "same" programming.

0 Kudos

Pre-built theme packs are still available for Limited TV...

shaw-valerie

@CoffeeLover Pre-built theme packs are still available for Limited TV subscribers, there is a link to download a PDF of our current theme packs available on this page

With a base package of Total TV, the only pre-built themes that can be added are Timeshift, Franco 1 and Franco 2, but Pick 10 theme packs for add-on channels would be available. 

0 Kudos

https://assets.ctfassets.net/tzb4ihmthaev/2ewhLsZrf4dHNbP...

cgates
Grasshopper
0 Kudos

The problem that I have with this is Limited TV is not av...

rstra
Grand Master

The problem that I have with this is Limited TV is not available on BlueCurve.

0 Kudos

Yes I switched to Blue curve last fall and it it really a...

mistiblu
Grasshopper

Yes I switched to Blue curve last fall and it it really annoys me that I cant pick my own channels.  I'm stuck with all these news and sports channels that i'll never watch.  I thought that legislation was supposed to change how tv was offered but it seems not to apply to Blue Curve.  I'm fine with having everything else but let me get rid of the sports and news!

Yes they are going down hill i just renewed in july and i...

LongtimeLoyal
Grasshopper

Yes they are going down hill i just renewed in july and it wasn’t on file and now they want 40$ a month more sorry not happen the. Need to be reported to the crtc now

0 Kudos

-- they want 40$ a month more  In another thread on this...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@LongtimeLoyal -- they want 40$ a month more 

In another thread on this forum, you implied you were getting TV & Internet for $80/month, before July. Lucky you!

This is really not good service to your customers to no l...

Trinity303
Grasshopper

This is really not good service to your customers to no longer have the ability to add Theme Packs to your Total TV and or have the ability to customize your Total TV by removing a pack, like sports, with a pack, like time-shift. I have Shaw TV & Phone and was thinking of adding on the TV to bundle but I'm now considering going to Telus to be able to customize my TV. This is just very bad Customer Service, especially now with all these channels going to pay by channel or service, e.g. Crave, Disney+, etc. The TV industry really needs to think about what direction you are going as you are not going in a sustainable direction.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help