Sound cuts out for a few seconds on cnn

scotdoc
Grasshopper

When watching CNN the sound keeps cutting out just long enough to lose what is being said, does anyone else have the same problem?

53 Replies

I haven't heard of any other reports of this issue. Are y...

shaw-tony

@scotdoc I haven't heard of any other reports of this issue. Are you still noticing this problem? Is it only on CNN or is the issue happening on other channels as well?

Yes I have the same problem on CNN and CTV when watching...

LynneM
Grasshopper

Yes I have the same problem on CNN and CTV when watching live and on a recorded segment.

0 Kudos

it may be a signal related issue if you are noticing both...

shaw-tony

@LynneM it may be a signal related issue if you are noticing both. I'd recommend reseating your coax cable connection with the steps here. Let me know how it goes!

0 Kudos

I was having the same problem intermittently, but now ton...

spiritwest
Grasshopper

I was having the same problem intermittently, but now tonight it is completely unwatchable.  I might get a word of sound every 20 minutes or so, but the picture is just completely fractured...

Ours is doing the same... sound cuts out like clockwork e...

BradMich
Grasshopper

Ours is doing the same... sound cuts out like clockwork every ten minutes on teh nose like clockwork.  Lasts for 1 minute then returns... super irritating!!! 😞  

If you are seeing picture breakup on this channel, that w...

shaw-valerie

@spiritwest If you are seeing picture breakup on this channel, that would typically indicate a signal issue. Give the steps here a try, and if you do not see any improvement, get in touch with our technical support team so they can set up a service visit for you. 

0 Kudos

Well apparently is wasn't us, as we did nothing - but it...

spiritwest
Grasshopper

Well apparently is wasn't us, as we did nothing - but it seems to have been fixed as of the afternoon of October 30th.  Must have been a server problem at Shaw...

0 Kudos

CNN breaking up, also Internet extremely slow and unreliable

spiritwest
Grasshopper

I thought it was fixed but CNN still seems to break up every two days or so, and my internet cuts out intermittently.  I tried for the chat tonight, but the internet wouldn't load the page, nor would it load almost any website page I tried to go to...  I don't believe this is a box issue, because it happens through both my pvr box and non-pvr box.

0 Kudos

I'd tend to agree with you, as this issue is affecting mu...

shaw-valerie

@spiritwest I'd tend to agree with you, as this issue is affecting multiple different pieces of equipment that it's unlikely to be a hardware issue, this type of issue would more commonly be caused by a signal problem. If all of your TV boxes and internet modem are connected to the same cable outlet via a splitter, I'd recommend just checking that all connections at the outlet and splitter are securely fastened, as a loose connection there could cause these types of problems, as could a faulty splitter if you wanted to try swapping that out (you can obtain a replacement splitter at any of our retail locations) Otherwise, I'd recommend connecting with our technical support team here so they can run some further diagnostics with you and schedule a service appointment if necessary.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help