There you go again blaming the TV when it's coming from t...

scraigg
Grasshopper

There you go again blaming the TV when it's coming from the source not cool

Signed up for Shaw blue curve a couple months back have b...

scraigg
Grasshopper

Signed up for Shaw blue curve a couple months back have been having audio sync issues ever since it's happening on every show every TV every channel live or pvr'd and also on my phone through the show app Android this is ridiculous there's over 40 replies in here and you guys still say oh I've never heard of this before biggest joke on the planet

Given all the evidence presented before you it is pretty...

scraigg
Grasshopper

Given all the evidence presented before you it is pretty clear and evident that your broadcasting out of sync is being recorded like this and it is happening on live TV and therefore being recorded onto the PVR as such you better get some Engineers involved rather than Frontline kids that do not know what is involved in the back end of how you guys broadcast your signals.

0 Kudos

We recently had this problem with our new Samsung TV and...

AWB762
Grasshopper

We recently had this problem with our new Samsung TV and Shaw XiONE cable box.  No one could figure it out but after playing with every setting we resolved the issue on our TV.  For Samsung TVs (and I assume most other brands of newer TVs), if you go to the home page, then settings, then all settings, then sound, then expert settings, and scroll down, you will see an option for "Dolby Atmos" with a button to turn it on and off.  Turn it off.  Your screen may go black for a minute as it resets that and then you shouldn't have an issue any longer.  You won't even notice any difference in the sound.

0 Kudos

Same problem. Obviously a Shaw issue.

theemskerk
Grasshopper

Same problem. Obviously a Shaw issue. 

0 Kudos

Oh my dear lord!!   This is January 2023 and I am having...

Val1956
Grasshopper

Oh my dear lord!!   This is January 2023 and I am having the VERY SAME issues;  after a while, the voice & the lips just slip out of sync.   What the hey!, Shaw???     And, CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS:    when I told the Shaw support/chat person about these conversations I’ve been reading, she became all Oprah, ‘wha-what?’   And just like this shaw-tony, gave the company standard ‘haven’t heard of other reports of the audio not synching with the picture’.   And going all blank when I said the comments are right here on a Google search.   
I think I might have to contact the local competitor , TBAYTEL, if this crap doesn’t clear up.    I’m too old to have to get down and re-boot everything every day!!.,

0 Kudos

Really?.   Blaming the customer’s home??    Hmmmmmmm….....

Val1956
Grasshopper

Really?.   Blaming the customer’s home??    Hmmmmmmm…..   NOT,!!!

0 Kudos

Have you tried adjusting the audio sync settings on your TV?

rstra
Grand Master

@Val1956  Have you tried adjusting the audio sync settings on your TV?

0 Kudos

Yes, I’ve done the TV sync, gone through all the adjustme...

Val1956
Grasshopper

Yes, I’ve done the TV sync, gone through all the adjustments I could think of.  When the day is new, everything is fine, as the hours go by, the lips and the voices part ways.   We’ve re-booted the box,  the router - trying anything - I’m going to end up asking for the old wired-in boxes back, I suppose.  Or talk to TBAYTEL and see what’s going on with them, perhaps a better offer.   

0 Kudos

-- When the day is new, everything is fine, as the hours...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Val1956 -- When the day is new, everything is fine, as the hours go by, the lips and the voices part ways. 

What manufacturer and model-number is your TV?  Is it not "keeping-up" ? Maybe 99.9% that "accumulates" over the day.  

I think that if it were a "system-wide" Shaw problem, Shaw would have fixed it.

Do you turn your TV off every night, and turn it on every morning? That would reset the synchronization, as you have observed.

Can you try a different TV -- or a computer-monitor with HDMI-input and internal speakers (or connect external speakers to the Shaw TV box), to bypass your TV?

0 Kudos