Sports channel payment on hold?

Samisherwood
Grasshopper

Sky TV in Europe has put billing for its sports channels on hold . Like you they are only showing repeats of old games and some old movies and as part of their giving back in these times are not taking money for what is a premium channel. When will Shaw follow this example (also it would be good PR)

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

I'm so peeved with Shaw. They're still going ahead with t...

jayjay77
Grasshopper

I'm so peeved with Shaw.

They're still going ahead with their price increases even during the pandemic. When you ask them about it, they say that the notified customers about the increases in January 2020 and could not have foreseen the current circumstances. Well, the customers couldn't have foreseen having their hours cut from jobs.

And with the lack of live sports, cable just isn't worth it. They could offer a reprieve on billing, or offer some extra perks in terms of TV channels for their customers. But they won't do that. And don't even get me started on their current free preview offerings. It's an insulting and pathetic list when compared to any other major cable providers in the country. Probably want to take advantage force customers to pay extra for entertainment options.

Just needed to vent.

0 Kudos

Hey guys, it definitely is hard times right now and we al...

SP3CTRYS
Grasshopper

Hey guys, it definitely is hard times right now and we all want to find relief in one fashion or another.

Ultimately when it comes to channels, their availability, and pricing. That is all controlled by the broadcaster. Sky TV in Europe may have made a negotiated deal with the sports broadcasters and are thusly able to provide the reduced rates. We do not know what is going on behind the scenes.

As for the rate increase @jayjay77 according to Shaw they are actually putting the rate increase on hold. Here is the supporting document: COVID 19 Shaw Support FAQ and Resources 

And Shaw has arranged with broadcasters to offer other channels as free previews during these trying times. It is nice to see all large corporations make adjustments for us as customers right now.

No, Shaw has postponed the increase https://support.shaw....

michaelstein
Grasshopper

My friend lives in Ladner, BC and Eastlake Cable is putti...

Susan59
Grasshopper

My friend lives in Ladner, BC and Eastlake Cable is putting the charges for sports channels on hold as well.  Shaw should at least give some break on charging for sports channels since there are no current sports happening. 

0 Kudos

> Shaw should at least give some break on charging for sp...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

> Shaw should at least give some break on charging for sports channels since there are no current sports happening. 

Shaw should at least give some break on charging for regular TV channels, since there are no "new" episodes being broadcast (exceptions are Survivor and Jimmy Fallon), and many TV productions are in "hiatus" because the filming of new episodes has been shutdown.

ICBC should at least give some break on charging for automobile insurance, because I am driving much less -- no driving to/from work.

The local newspaper should at least give some break on the monthly charges for each issue, because there are fewer pages and fewer sections.

I pay annually for "travel insurance", but in March, they told me that I am no longer covered, if I had not booked a trip before March 15. That is 6 months of "no coverage", with no rebate being offered to me.

The gas stations should be giving-away their gasoline, given the "May futures" contract for a barrel of oil has gone below "zero" -- if you order barrels of oil, for physical delivery in May, they will pay you to take some of their excess inventory off their hands.

The hospitals should cut staff -- they have emptied many of their beds, under the assumption that those beds will be needed for COVID-19 patients. So, the staff have "nothing" to do.

In summary, these are unusual times.

0 Kudos

Everyone is entitled to their opinions. Susan: If you hav...

rstra
Grand Master

@mdk wrote:

>In summary, these are unusual times.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions.

Susan: If you have the sports channels as add-ons, you could probably get them removed, if it is a theme package, maybe you could switch to another theme. If it is part of a bundle, it might not be so easy, you could lose promotional pricing or could affect grand-fathered plans.Give Shaw a call and see what your options are.

TALK TO US
We're here to help