Jump to solution

Star Trek TNG Streaming Aug 2023

JT32
Grasshopper

All the free content (all episodes, all seasons of TNG) on CTV SciFi are now gone. The only options for "available/free" seem to be the episodes that are airing during the week. Apparently CTV is still the "broadcast home" of Star Trek but I guess the only option to watch random episodes at any time is now Netflix? Can anyone confirm this?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jump to solution

Hi , yes I can confirm for you it's the same for me. Al...

g-idk
Master

Hi @JT32 , yes I can confirm for you it's the same for me.  All Star Trek content will be removed from Bell's Crave streaming service, but Bell has been able to keep the broadcast rights for airing new episodes of Star Trek content on their CTV Sci-fi Channel and the CTV App and very limited availability for streaming.  The shows have been taken back by Paramount+ and will be available thru that service, Netflix in Canada does have some Star Trek series but only until the contracts run out (not sure when) because Paramount+ wants all Star Trek content available on their platform only, the only caveat is if your country does not have Paramount+ then another platform will be allowed to license it for streaming in that country only.  Hope that's the answer you were looking for.  P.S. Canada does have Paramount+. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Jump to solution

Hi , yes I can confirm for you it's the same for me. Al...

g-idk
Master

Hi @JT32 , yes I can confirm for you it's the same for me.  All Star Trek content will be removed from Bell's Crave streaming service, but Bell has been able to keep the broadcast rights for airing new episodes of Star Trek content on their CTV Sci-fi Channel and the CTV App and very limited availability for streaming.  The shows have been taken back by Paramount+ and will be available thru that service, Netflix in Canada does have some Star Trek series but only until the contracts run out (not sure when) because Paramount+ wants all Star Trek content available on their platform only, the only caveat is if your country does not have Paramount+ then another platform will be allowed to license it for streaming in that country only.  Hope that's the answer you were looking for.  P.S. Canada does have Paramount+. 

Jump to solution

-- the only option to watch random episodes at any time i...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@JT32 -- the only option to watch random episodes at any time is now Netflix?

Another option is to purchase the complete series on BluRay, through an online retailer, such as Amazon Canada. This purchase does not include the ST:TNG movies.

TALK TO US
We're here to help