Stingray Music Channels

damark
Grasshopper

Stingray music channels go off and on intermittently - sometimes the display remains while the sound goes off while other times the sound and album display both go off.  Have tried rebooting and checking cable connections but problem persists.Is this a temporary problem at the source or is there anything else that can be done?

Labels (1)
8 Replies

It sounds like you've already done the steps suggested in...

shaw-valerie

@damark It sounds like you've already done the steps suggested in this document, so the next step I would recommend would be to get in touch with our technical support team, so that they can run some additional remote testing and set up a service appointment if necessary. 

0 Kudos

I also have problem with stingray channel 711 is the one...

Habsfan1
Grasshopper

I also have problem with stingray channel 711 is the one I listen most, it cuts out frequently and have to change channel and go back to get it to come back on. Also there is no picture for artist, etc. I have a xg1v4-a box.

0 Kudos

If you've already tried the steps in the document linked...

shaw-valerie

@Habsfan1 If you've already tried the steps in the document linked above and are still experiencing issues with sound on this channel, get in touch with our technical support team here so they can some run check the signal going to your cable box.

Currently album art is only available on BlueCurve TV in areas where enhanced features to the platform have been rolled out. If you do not live in one of the areas listed here, then it is normal for Stingray music stations to only display a black screen when you're tuned to them. You can find out the song information using the Song ID feature: just use the voice command "What song is this?" to identify the music playing. 

0 Kudos

I live in a seniors lodge  in Red Deer. The stingray juke...

jimdk
Grasshopper

I live in a seniors lodge  in Red Deer. The stingray jukebox oldies channel displays song and album covers etc in the common area downstairs but a black screen on my personal tv upstairs.

0 Kudos

The Stingray album art is only available to BlueCurve TV...

rstra
Grand Master

The Stingray album art is only available to BlueCurve TV with enhancements. 

0 Kudos

Which model of cable box are you using? Do you experience...

shaw-valerie

@jimdk Which model of cable box are you using? Do you experience no audio, or interruptions in the audio on that channel in addition to the black screen? Do other Stingray channels exhibit the same behaviour? 

0 Kudos

Why no display of title or song?  Shaw technology doesn’t...

Mikgal
Grasshopper

Why no display of title or song?  Shaw technology doesn’t seem compatible with Roger’s technology ever since Roger’s bought Shaw.  

0 Kudos

Which cable box do you have? Stingray album art displays...

rstra
Grand Master

@Mikgal  Which cable box do you have? Stingray album art displays on Ignite TV only, it has nothing to do with Rogers buying Shaw. If you have Ignite TV and aren’t seeing the album art, contact Rogers to troubleshoot.

https://support.shaw.ca/t5/tv-articles/bluecurve-tv-enhancements-cloud-pvr-more-hd-channels-4k-wirel...

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help