Stingray Music Very Choppy

rickatk
Master

When I navigate to Stingray music the stream starts very choppy. I can only clear it up by advancing to the next genre then back. I contacted Shaw tech support and was advised they were aware of the problem. Anyone else come across this problem?

Tags (2)
11 Replies

Re: Stingray Music Very Choppy

shaw-don

Hello  

This can be a result of a poor signal to the digital box. Try unscrewing the cable ends, off the back of the box and off the cable outlet, then screw them back on and test out those channels, see if you continue to have distortion. 

0 Kudos

jimmy51
Grasshopper

I have the problem too.  Will try unscrewing the cables, but the tech just  put a new one on.

0 Kudos

rickatk
Master

rickatk wrote:

When I navigate to Stingray music the stream starts very choppy. I can only clear it up by advancing to the next genre then back. I contacted Shaw tech support and was advised they were aware of the problem. Anyone else come across this problem?

I tried tightening the connections, problem persists!

0 Kudos

rickatk
Master

shaw-don wrote:

Hello rickatk 

This can be a result of a poor signal to the digital box. Try unscrewing the cable ends, off the back of the box and off the cable outlet, then screw them back on and test out those channels, see if you continue to have distortion. 

Tightened up the connections, no joy!

0 Kudos

marcocosta
Grasshopper

Hi. I’m just another disgruntled BlueSky Customer that is sick and tired of Shaw techs doing this    ‍♂️When BlueSky fails!

For Stingray Blips Just hit pause on your remote and then play!

0 Kudos

Not applicable

Thanks Marco, I will try this bandaid the next time I get choppy Stingray.  Very unimpressed with the regression of Stingray (and PVR features) from Gateway to BlueSky.  Music title and artist were available on Gateway and the stations were not choppy.  Not so with BlueSky.

0 Kudos

rickatk
Master

Still no album art. Music still very choppy but corrects after a few seconds.

This is definitely a downgrade in Stingray performance on an otherwise good platform. Dissatisfied!

0 Kudos

marcocosta
Grasshopper

Just hit pause on your remote and play. This is just a temp fix until Shaw corrects the ShawBusiness algorithm that has interfered world its BlueSky Services. Unfortunately Shaw’s a bit ahead of their technical ability to deliver its expanding services due to fierce competition in the Industry!

0 Kudos

rickatk
Master

I find the choppiness clears on its own after 3 secs.

Not good and still no album art.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help