Jump to solution

Total TV on Gateway

nanuuk
Grasshopper

The Total TV channel listing on Shaw shows most channels available in HD. Do you have to use the Blue Curve TV box in order to get most of the channels in HD? I am currently on a grandfathered plan (Popular TV) and already have a lot of the channels in SD.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Jump to solution

Hi  , your assumption is correct.  To receive those chann...

g-idk
Master

Hi @nanuuk , your assumption is correct.  To receive those channels in HD you do need to have the Blue Curve tv system, since the channels are delivered via iptv and not through the coxial cable, they did have a hybrid system for awhile but that has now been discontinued in favour of the wireless Blue Curve tv box, so all your tv comes through the internet and they can offer those channels now in HD.  Since your on the older system like myself we can not access the HD feeds of those channels. It sucks I know.  Hopefully this answers your question, have a great day and Stay Safe.  

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Hi nanuuk -  I also still use the Gateway system and am c...

bostonbob
Grasshopper

Hi nanuuk -  I also still use the Gateway system and am currently on the Total TV package. When I went from the Medium TV package to the Total TV package these are the changes to my channel lineup:

lost: Turner Classic Movies, Silver Screen, Rewind, Documentary Channel and Peachtree ( since dropped by SHAW )

added: CNN, Slice, History, Teletoon, Food Network, CTV Comedy, ABC Spark, Animal Planet, Cooking Channel, Stingray Retro, Stingray Loud and W Network

For some weird reason the Total TV package includes the SD version of Much Music but not the HD version. Of all the channels included in the Total TV package that have both versions available Much Music is the only one that does not have the HD version included in the Total TV package.

Here is the list of all the HD channels that are available to BlueCurve customers only: https://support.shaw.ca/t5/tv-articles/bluecurve-tv-enhancements-cloud-pvr-more-hd-channels-4k-wirel...

On this list there's a few channels ( KSTW, Game TV, NFL Network, Paramount Network, T + E and WSBK ) that I would love to watch in HD.....but not enough to switch over to the BlueCurve system. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Jump to solution

Hi  , your assumption is correct.  To receive those chann...

g-idk
Master

Hi @nanuuk , your assumption is correct.  To receive those channels in HD you do need to have the Blue Curve tv system, since the channels are delivered via iptv and not through the coxial cable, they did have a hybrid system for awhile but that has now been discontinued in favour of the wireless Blue Curve tv box, so all your tv comes through the internet and they can offer those channels now in HD.  Since your on the older system like myself we can not access the HD feeds of those channels. It sucks I know.  Hopefully this answers your question, have a great day and Stay Safe.  

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Hi nanuuk -  I also still use the Gateway system and am c...

bostonbob
Grasshopper

Hi nanuuk -  I also still use the Gateway system and am currently on the Total TV package. When I went from the Medium TV package to the Total TV package these are the changes to my channel lineup:

lost: Turner Classic Movies, Silver Screen, Rewind, Documentary Channel and Peachtree ( since dropped by SHAW )

added: CNN, Slice, History, Teletoon, Food Network, CTV Comedy, ABC Spark, Animal Planet, Cooking Channel, Stingray Retro, Stingray Loud and W Network

For some weird reason the Total TV package includes the SD version of Much Music but not the HD version. Of all the channels included in the Total TV package that have both versions available Much Music is the only one that does not have the HD version included in the Total TV package.

Here is the list of all the HD channels that are available to BlueCurve customers only: https://support.shaw.ca/t5/tv-articles/bluecurve-tv-enhancements-cloud-pvr-more-hd-channels-4k-wirel...

On this list there's a few channels ( KSTW, Game TV, NFL Network, Paramount Network, T + E and WSBK ) that I would love to watch in HD.....but not enough to switch over to the BlueCurve system. 

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help