TSN and Sportsnet in 4K??

yvrwfc
Grasshopper

Telus Optik TV is offering TSN and Sportsnet channels in 4K. And currently they are both under FREE PREVIEW. 

When would Shaw offer 4K channels? 

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
4 Replies

Re: TSN and Sportsnet in 4K??

thejets
Grasshopper

With shaw you will be waiting till 2050 until you see more hd and 4 k can't wait till my contact is up so i can move to another provider 

0 Kudos

shaw-tony

Hey yvrwfc and thejets,

Thank you for reaching out! I am sorry for the delay in response. The forums aren't monitored as closely as our other support channels. There's lots of development happening in the broadcast world right now, not just with 4K, but the eventual start of HDR broadcasting (an even bigger step forward in picture quality).  At this time we don't have an ETA on when more 4K and/or HDR content will be available, but keep an eye out for more in the future. Our BlueSky TV equipment is 4K ready, you can find more details on that here.

Cheers,

Tony | Community Mod.

0 Kudos

maceland
Grasshopper

I totally agree. We purchased a new and exciting OLED TV and the sports on it is truly mediocre. I just visited my son's house who has the same setup and TV but is with Telus. The difference watching a ball game was eye-opening! I have the newer Shaw 4K box but without the programming to go with it .... what's the point? Just Netflix is not the answer. I guess the real frustration is that I have seen the similar threads to this one and at no point does Shaw ever offer an answer in terms of months, years, etc It seems as if ... by the time Shaw catches up with the competition ... my new TV will certainly not be new and I will have missed out on optimizing its potential. Just be honest and let paying and loyal customers know what's afoot? The "lots development" reply doesn't illuminate at all!

0 Kudos

Hey there! Thanks for the wait. We officially have some 4...

shaw-anthony

@yvrwfc Hey there! Thanks for the wait. We officially have some 4K Sports content now. You can find more info on this here: https://bit.ly/2ZuDiIT

TALK TO US
We're here to help