You can argue that you are experiencing problems on other...

rstra
Grand Master

@srglassw  You can argue that you are experiencing problems on other apps, which would point to it being a Rogers issue. Hopefully, you can get this escalated beyond the first level support. Good luck.

0 Kudos

I spent over two hours this morning on Chat with Shaw exp...

srglassw
Grasshopper

I spent over two hours this morning on Chat with Shaw exploring this issue. The results are:

TSN -- TSN+ live game streams are no longer free to cable TV TSN subscribers. TSN+ is now a stand alone subscription service that must be purchased separately from your cable subscription. It costs $8.00 per month or $80.00 per year plus taxes.

CTV, Global and possibly other third-party apps -- Content should be available free to cable TV subscribers but Shaw was unable to determine why I cant get access to Specialty channels, that I subscribe to, on the third-party apps. They provide no support with third-party app issues and will not escalate the issue to find out why subscribed channels may not be accessible on third-party apps.

0 Kudos

That’s disappointing, you can use the Ignite app for some...

rstra
Grand Master

@srglassw  That’s disappointing, you can use the Ignite app for some of the content on those channels, but the library on the provider apps is probably more extensive.

I wonder if there is a dispute between Rogers and the content providers over access rights? 

0 Kudos

I have talked, messaged SHAW 4 or 5 times as I cannot log...

DEULLINGKNIGHTS
Grasshopper

I have talked, messaged SHAW 4 or 5 times as I cannot log into the GLOBAL APP and all they say is they are working on it.  This has been going on for 3-4 months and each time I contact Shaw it is an how or 1.5 hour discussion.  The ticket number I have is INC1384177.  I give up.

0 Kudos

I have frustratingly spent 5 plus hours on the phone with...

MM808
Grasshopper

I have frustratingly spent 5 plus hours on the phone with various people, eventually asked for it to be escalated and eventually told by some supervisor they are aware of the issue , it’s not just me and they are working on it….one time I was told a supervisor would call me back and they never did!  So for all these months they know it’s occurring  & couldn’t send email to customers to advise of it or offer discount since paying for a service that we’re not getting. I used to only watch through the other apps as I found the Shaw app not as good as others, especially tsn where they offer more games on demand.

0 Kudos

How is it that I was able to watch all the content previo...

MM808
Grasshopper

How is it that I was able to watch all the content previously and once I changed my cable package and  signed up for another two years with Shaw, (something I now regret.) Im suddenly blocked not only tsn but ALL other channel apps, like global, city tv , ctv, etc. they all say I’m not a subscriber and tell me to contact my provider.

0 Kudos

-- once I changed my cable package ... I'm suddenly block...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@MM808 -- once I changed my cable package ... I'm suddenly blocked 

The cause of the change is a "provisioning" issue. A Shaw/Rogers employee needs to do a few "clicks" to refresh your entitlements, so that the third-party sites that query your entitlement will receive the correct response, namely "you are entitled for  the __________ channel". 

None of the volunteers who contribute to this discussion forum can do those "clicks" on your behalf; you must contact Shaw/Rogers.

0 Kudos

I have had them re-provision the account on nov 6 when  I...

MM808
Grasshopper

I have had them re-provision the account on nov 6 when  I spent 3.25 hrs on phone , it didn’t solve the issue.  I was also given the same incident number that they provide to all customers experiencing the issue. 
  The ticket number I have is INC1384177.  I really struggle with the concept that I had access and suddenly don’t and “rogers  together with Shaw” can’t figure it out after 4 months and not all customers have the issue? Are they compensating financially for the months of missing what previously had? would CRTC complaint be in order here? As the lack of transparency & communication with customer & gatekeeping with level1 tech support who know nothing. If I have that incident number, I should automatically be forwarded to higher level support techs.

0 Kudos

I have had them re-provision the account on nov 6 when  I...

MM808
Grasshopper

I have had them re-provision the account on nov 6 when  I spent 3.25 hrs on phone , it didn’t solve the issue.  I was also given the same incident number that they provide to all customers experiencing the issue. 
  The ticket number I have is INC1384177.  I really struggle with the concept that I had access and suddenly don’t and “rogers  together with Shaw” can’t figure it out after 4 months and not all customers have the issue? Are they compensating financially for the months of missing what previously had? would CRTC complaint be in order here? As the lack of transparency & communication with customer & gatekeeping with level1 tech support who know nothing. If I have that incident number, I should automatically be forwarded to higher level support techs.

0 Kudos

Is it worth making a complaint to CRTC?

MM808
Grasshopper

Is it worth making a complaint to CRTC?

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help