tv guide movies are not color coded anymore?

harrybarz_728
Grasshopper

Did  this change recently?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
17 Replies

Re: tv guide movies are not color coded anymore?

shaw-tamara

Hi 

We did recently update the guide on Gateway boxes. Part of this update included changing the colour scheme so that there is a smaller colour bar on the left side of the listing rather than colouring the entire bar. You can find more info on that here: Feb 20 - Mar 13 | Gateway User Interface Update 

0 Kudos

Not applicable

It would help if the top of each line was also colour coded. The current smaller colour vertical bar can be challenging to see if eyes are older than 60. ...  Old bars were fine, though I understand the need to modernize. ...

jaypal
Grasshopper

I hate this new update. Go back to the old one.

Not applicable

I agree this is not an improvement at all.  Both my husband & I can’t see the small bar colour.  Get the full colours back please!

Not applicable

How do I revert to the previous version of the software?  The new lack of colour design is a poor choice.  On the old system I was able to identify sports, movies, etc. at a glance, now there is a tiny colour bar that is difficult to see.  The new design looks like something from the 1950s.  And the icons look like something preschoolers would use, although to be fair, children would add colour.  If you believe in conspiracy theories, I get the feeling that Shaw is trying to drive us away from the Gateway system toward the BlueSky system - a money saving scheme because only BlueSky would have to be supported.  Of course that could backfire and the competition might start looking good.

0 Kudos

jsamin
Grasshopper

I didn't even notice the new colours until I read this. The old interface was much better. Please bring the coloured bars back.

shaw-tony

tc10jaypallbshawbchristo,  jsamin

We appreciate the feedback and apologize for the troubles this update has caused. We don't have an ETA for when the colours will be updated to be more obvious but it is something that is on the radar as we have received similar feedback from other users regarding this change. At this point, the only thing we know is that it will be addressed in a future update, but hopefully, that won't be too far out. There is no way to revert back to the previous guide. 

Cheers,

Tony | Community Mod.

0 Kudos

coolcanuckinylw
Grasshopper

Another ill conceived and not thought-through upgrade. Give users the choice if you must.

Make it obvious, as mentioned above re. colours / bars... like has been for years), not everyone has perfect vision, not everyone is 10-20 yrs old, lot's of your customers have vision impairments to some degree.

Why change? Was it requested by your customers? Or was it an "Internal Request for change and modernization".

Nothing worse in life than change for change sake. If it ain't broke...

Yes, change should occur. But has Shaw ever heard of "Product testing" - "Quality Assurance" - "Focus Groups" (using a cross section of your actual subscribers / customers, not some 10 employees aged 20-25).

I know how Shaw works, and unfortunately, more often than not, the left doesn't know what the right is doing...

Customer Service / Help Desk don't know what the others have in store for us (Your Paying Customers, who are ever more being alienated and driven somewhere else).

So, we, your customers can continue to pay our monthly fees, yet can no longer even navigate the basics as we can't read it.

Progress????

To Moderator: So why was this comment Rejected???

0 Kudos

watchtoomuch
Grasshopper

Guess I am the exception. Much prefer it without all the different colours. I could never tell which channel I had highlighted before. 

If they expand the colour bar on the side a bit, that would be OK, but please, no more colours on everything

TALK TO US
We're here to help