TV Internet & Phone has been going off and on all day long for the last 3 weeks now

GK22
Grasshopper

My Tv, internet and phone have been going off and on everyday and all day long for 3 weeks now. My blue box keeps rebooting of course as it comes back on. We have pixelated pictures on many channels at times at night. I can't even get the guide to work when this happens. I get a note on the tv to which is says it's going to reboot my cable box. This happens many times a night also.

I have called and they say they can see that there is a call out in my area but nothing about this daily off and on all day long for the past 3 weeks. I can understand if there are problems and they tell us what is going on and how long should we expect this will be going on for. But they don't. I can't get any information what so ever except that they are working on it and that they are sorry.

My cable box is getting old and tired. I hope all this rebooting isn't going kill it for sure.

Please Shaw I don't think keeping us informed is too much to ask! The internet had died three time and came back on and now of again just as I am writing this.... I will post when and if it comes back on again.

Any suggestions?

Labels (1)
4 Replies

There is likely a signal problem in your house. I would c...

rstra
Grand Master

There is likely a signal problem in your house. I would call back and get the rep to begin troubleshooting, checking the signal on your equipment and, if all fails, book a service call. In the meantime, check at the coax connections that you can see and reseat all them to the outlets and splitters. Don’t let them pass it off as an area issue. 

0 Kudos

-- My cable box is getting old and tired. I hope all this...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@GK22 -- My cable box is getting old and tired. I hope all this rebooting isn't going kill it for sure.

Your contract with Shaw obligates them to provide a working set-top box or PVR to you.  If your current device fails, Shaw will replace it.

> there is a call out in my area

Can you talk to a few neighbours who also have Shaw TV/Internet/Phone, to confirm that it is within your area?  Have they contacted Shaw, to register their complaint?

0 Kudos

since shaw was activated jan 3 net goes on off all day ne...

chantal00
Grasshopper

since shaw was activated jan 3 net goes on off all day need to disconnect reconnect works sometimes every few minutes i rebooted rooter does not help.

0 Kudos

Contact Rogers to do some troubleshooting.

rstra
Grand Master

@chantal00  Contact Rogers to do some troubleshooting.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help