-- It seems that the contributors on this peer-to-peer fo...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@retiredAlK -- It seems that the contributors on this peer-to-peer forum have done all that they can to assist you.

I recommend that you contact Shaw Support (currently, online chat has priority over telephone: 1-888-472-2222) to get them to trouble-shoot.  They can remotely logon to your PVR, to check its status, and the incoming "signal-strength", or to schedule a technician to come to your location.

0 Kudos

Now you can spend hours and hours chatting with Shaw and...

Roma7662
Grasshopper

Now you can spend hours and hours chatting with Shaw and eventually get nowhere. If Shaw knows how to fix this problem   it should join in ghe conversation and HELP.

My guess is that it is a problem related to Blue Curve being supplied through the internet.

0 Kudos

I agree they should be monitoring this site and if someon...

retiredAlK
Grasshopper

I agree they should be monitoring this site and if someone has a problem and they can remotely diagose the issue then they should jump in.

NOW THAT WOULD BE PRO ACTIVE - AND SERVICE THAT THEIR COUSTOMERS WOULD APPRECIATE AND DESERVE.

I finally got it fixed.  I contacted them and they remotely ran diagnositics and noted there was a problem with the boxes. They replaced the boxes and it now works.

-- I finally got it fixed. I contacted them. Great! A pre...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@retiredAlK -- I finally got it fixed. I contacted them.

Great! A previous post on this thread: ‎[2021-01-22 10:03 AM] gave a recommendation that you contact Shaw Support.

-----------

Your post has been changed because invalid HTML was found in the message body.

The invalid HTML has been removed.

Please review the message and submit the message when you are satisfied.

T.V. Drops and returns after 1 or 2 minutes on certain oc...

abc10
Grasshopper

T.V. Drops and returns after 1 or 2 minutes on certain occaissions. other times it does not return. Sometimes only one TV drops other times both do.

WIFI gateway router not affected

0 Kudos

wrote: WIFI gateway router not affected Correct. The coax...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@abc10 wrote: WIFI gateway router not affected

Correct. The coaxial-cable from the telephone-pole into your home carries hundreds of channels (video & Stingray audio-only).  So, the channel for "Internet" is separate from the channel(s) feeding your TV box(es).

Are both TVs connected to their own Shaw TV box, and are those boxes connected via coaxial-cable to your in-wall network, or do you have the latest Shaw hardware, where the TV boxes are connected via a secondary WiFi channel to the newest Shaw cable-modem?

Connect to Shaw Support ( 1-888-472-2222 or www.shaw.ca/chat ) to get them to trouble-shoot your "intermittent" issue.

0 Kudos

We have this crappy Blue Curve TV as well. The main box i...

Greg577
Grasshopper

We have this crappy Blue Curve TV as well. The main box in my bedroom records but the playback is so glitchy it's unwatchable. I never had an issue with my old equiptment. These new boxes are complete garbage! I have reset the system so many times it's ridiculous but still have the same issues. At times the whole system just shuts down then comes back on a few minutes later. Very annoying when you are trying to watch a game or some other special and the **bleep** cable just decides to go out. Really not happy with this new service. Crappy equiptment, crappy service and no resolution that works. But the price goes up regardles. Pitiful 

0 Kudos

Time to book a service call.

rstra
Grand Master

@Greg577 Time to book a service call.

0 Kudos

wrote: The main box in my bedroom records but the playbac...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Greg577 wrote: The main box in my bedroom records but the playback is so glitchy, it's unwatchable. 

The BlueCurve systems records to the "Shaw cloud". Older Shaw PVRs recorded to a standard disk-drive inside the PVR.  So, "recording" is not being done by the hardware in your home.

The playback is pulling information from the "Shaw cloud" and streaming it into your home. If your equipment has a "signal strength" issue, then you will get "glitchy" images.  

Contact Shaw ( 1-888-472-2222 ) and get them to remotely logon to their equipment in your home, to allow them to view the "signal strength" reaching it.

How far apart are the Shaw cable-modem and your main Shaw receiver in your bedroom? How many walls are affecting the strength of the WiFi signals between the two devices? What happens if you move the TV box, and your TV, into the same room as the cable-modem?  Still glitching, or much better?

0 Kudos

This just pisses me off even more! Shaw has known that we...

Greg577
Grasshopper

This just pisses me off even more! Shaw has known that we've been experiencing issues for months already. Now you tell me it's due to the strength of the signal? 

THEN FIX YOUR GOD **bleep** SIGNAL! FFS

My modem is two feet away from the **bleep**ty box. That is not the issue obviously! $200 plus a month and you cannot even provide a signal strong enough so that playback is smooth and seemless? Pitiful.

I'm going on holidays so I'm not available for a few weeks.  But when I get back You have some explaining to do!

0 Kudos