TV keeps cutting out (video and audio) and comes back on

retiredAlK
Grasshopper

We have Shaw Blue Curve TV.

We have 2 televisions.

One has the PVR and it works without any problems.

The other TV one has a small box.  Lately we are having a problem with this TV, it keeps cutting out  (both video and audio) for a few seconds and then coming back on.  This is very annoying and makes it difficult watching TV.

First I thought  that TV was the problem, but we happened to have another TV around, so I hooked it up, but no joy- the problem is still there.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

Labels (1)
13 Replies

-- welcome to this peer-to-peer discussion forum. It is n...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@retiredAlK -- welcome to this peer-to-peer discussion forum. It is not a path to Shaw Support.

You have swapped TVs, to no effect. I will assume that all the coaxial-cables are tightly-connected -- in/out of the "small box" and in to the TV.

Experiment: temporarily disconnect the PVR, and connect the "small box" in its place. Do the symptoms "move" as you have moved the "small box" ?   If so, contact Shaw (online chat currently is given priority over telephone) and ask them to remotely logon to the "small box", to check the signal-strength reaching it. Or, ask Shaw to ship you (via Canada Post) a replacement.

0 Kudos

There is no coax cable between the box and the tv, they a...

retiredAlK
Grasshopper

There is no coax cable between the box and the tv, they are connected with an hdmi cable.

Okay I will switch the two boxes.

0 Kudos

Same thing happening here. Both boxes are wireless , no c...

grover11
Grasshopper

Same thing happening here. Both boxes are wireless , no coax connections. Both experiencing drop outs.

I disconnected the small box from the problem location an...

retiredAlK
Grasshopper

I disconnected the small box from the problem location and hooked up the PVR, but now I can't get the TV to display any programs.  I get the following:

IMG_3515.jpg

I rebooted a number of times, but nothing else happens.

Help

0 Kudos

Put the boxes back to their original location     and rec...

rstra
Grand Master

Put the boxes back to their original location     and reconnnext them as they were before. Try getting the main pvr back running and let us know what is in the screen. 

0 Kudos

I have the same issue my Blue Curve has not worked proper...

rephil
Grasshopper

I have the same issue my Blue Curve has not worked properly since switching from Shaw cable in September 1-2 a week something fails and wife is pestering me to fix it. I watch TV on Friday only and watch 3 show and tonight errors on the channel that they are on. On Monday I change I have had Shaw for over 15 years and I can no longer take the lousy service 

I put the boxes back to the original locations and everyt...

retiredAlK
Grasshopper

I put the boxes back to the original locations and everything works.  For now the location that was giving me the problem is working, hopefully it is fixed. We will see what happens in the next few days.

-- One has the PVR and it works without any problems. --...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@retiredAlK -- One has the PVR and it works without any problems.

@grover11 -- Same thing happening here. Both experiencing drop outs.

That is not the "same problem". @retiredAlK had 1 "bad" box, while @grover11 has 2 "bad" boxes.

Different symptoms, and probably a different cause. I recommend that @grover11 contact Shaw (currently, online chat has priority over telephone) and get a Shaw Agent to trouble-shoot.

Or, @grover11 -- do what @retiredAlK did -- completely disconnect both boxes from AC power, and reconnect them.

0 Kudos

Unfortunately, the problem has not gone away. THIS IS VER...

retiredAlK
Grasshopper

Unfortunately, the problem has not gone away.

THIS IS VERY ANNOYING.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help