flamed: FIX YOUR GOD **bleep** SIGNAL! FFS Contact Shaw S...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Greg577 flamed: FIX YOUR GOD **bleep** SIGNAL! FFS

Contact Shaw Support, and get them to schedule a technician to do a site-visit, for some date when you have returned.

The technician has to check a few things:

1. the connection of the coaxial-cable from your home to the box on the nearest telephone-pole;
  2. the connection of the coaxial-cable from that pole into Shaw's "demarcation" box, inside your home;
  3. the coaxial-splitter inside that "demarc" box;
  4. the coaxial-cables inside the walls of your home;
  5. the coaxial-cable connected between the wall-outlet and the cable-modem;
  6. the coaxial-cable connected into the cable-modem;
  7. try swapping-in a different cable-modem;
  8. using their tools to see the "signal strength" reaching the cable-modem, and the signal-strength on each "output" connector of that splitter.

It's easy for the technician to do all the above, during the site-visit, in a few weeks.

Caution: if you foul-mouth the technician, they may pack-up and go away, rather than tolerating your abusive language, forcing you to switch to TELUS TV & Internet & home phone, which can be a disruptive issue for you. Beware of the $30/month cancellation fee (plus taxes) if you break the two-year Value Plan contract that you have with Shaw/Rogers.

0 Kudos

Now you offer to have a technician come?  You wait until...

Greg577
Grasshopper

Now you offer to have a technician come?  You wait until your customers are so angry and so fed up with the service, which by the way we have been paying for for many many years, until I finally have had enough and lash out at you.Then you decide I need to have a tech come by? And I do not need or appreciate the lecture on my language either. YOU NEED TO REALIZE WHO IS THE CUSTOMER AND WHO IS PAYING YOUR WAGES!

YOU COULD HAVE HAD SOMEONE FIX YOUR MESS MONTHS AGO. YOU HAVE KNOWN FOR A LONG TIME HOW UNHAPPY WE ARE WITH YOUR SERVICES! I THINK IT"S TIME FOR THE CRTC TO HEAR FROM US THE CUSTOMERS AS TO WHAT WE THINK OF THIS MERGER AND THE POOR QUALITY OF THE SERVICES WE ARE BEING PROVIDED! 

0 Kudos

wrote WHO IS PAYING YOUR WAGES! This is a peer-to-peer di...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Greg577 wrote WHO IS PAYING YOUR WAGES!

This is a peer-to-peer discussion forum, where volunteers try to help.

If by "YOU", you meant me, please know that I have never been employed by Shaw nor by Rogers.

Ranting and flaming does not encourage any volunteer to respond to your messages.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help