Tv remote

Kklassen94
Grasshopper

I just got a new shaw box and remote. I have tried many times to program my remote to my TV. It keeps saying my TV is a element TV when I have a Bolva. When I get the correct TV brand in it still says it is a element TV brand. When I push it doesn't work it goes back to the start. Is there anything I can do?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Hi  , someone might be able to help but need a little mor...

g-idk
Master

Hi @Kklassen94 , someone might be able to help but need a little more info. from you, is the remote for the Blue Curve system?  The Voice activated one?  Hopefully someone can chime in and help.

0 Kudos

Hey Kklassen94,   Not all hardware is compatible. In thos...

shaw-don

Hey Kklassen94,

Not all hardware is compatible. In those cases, the remote will try using the closest compatible code for the TV. If you go with the Element code, does the TV respond correctly? If not, you can also try scanning for a compatible code using the Code Search option found here https://bit.ly/3uRul6X

0 Kudos

I had attempted using the bolva option from the list too...

MurrDerf
Grasshopper

I had attempted using the bolva option from the list too but the 2 choices did not work. After a long Google search I found other people had some success with RCA and Hisense. But for me they did not. So I took a picture of my TV's remote and did a Google lens search. It had an Amazon result for a replacement Caixun TV remote. I tried that brand and all the buttons worked perfectly!

Good luck!

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help