TV slow in responding to my blue curve remote

pmoore283
Grasshopper

Why is my TV so slow in responding to my blue curve remote lately

Labels (1)
21 Replies

Weak batteries in your remote control? Are you "aiming" t...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

Weak batteries in your remote control? Are you "aiming" the remote control at your TV, when you should be aiming at the Shaw PVR (except when changing the TV's volume).

0 Kudos

I'm having the same issue and i've replaced the batteries...

cmauthe
Grasshopper

I'm having the same issue and i've replaced the batteries.

I'll hit the shaw button to go to the blue curve menus, it takes 10-15s for any response. Then takes another 10s or so to load just the basic menu.

I'll arrow over and hit enter to go to my saved/pvrd shows. Again, taking a long time to respond to my button presses. And even when the system does respond, it takes a long time to load the next menu when I switch menus. My experience tells me it's not likely a remote issue, but something to do with the box/system.

I've also tried swapping the batteries from the remote in...

cmauthe
Grasshopper

I've also tried swapping the batteries from the remote in my other room. Still same issue. The menus/responsiveness is fine on my other TV.

0 Kudos

try pulling the power on the BlueCurve

rstra
Grand Master

@cmauthe try pulling the power on the all the BlueCurve equipment, including the XB6/7 if you have the wireless TV boxes. 

0 Kudos

-- does the remote-control from your other room work with...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@cmauthe -- does the remote-control from your other room work with your BlueCurve ? Quickly? Slowly?

0 Kudos

I tried that, no luck.

cmauthe
Grasshopper

I tried that, no luck.

0 Kudos

No, the remotes are not interchangeable. I could possibly...

cmauthe
Grasshopper

No, the remotes are not interchangeable. I could possibly look up how to reprogram them but I am pretty sure at this point it's not a remote issue.

0 Kudos

Fo you have wired or wireless BlueCurve?

rstra
Grand Master

@cmauthe Fo you have wired or wireless BlueCurve?

0 Kudos

-- no luck Got a friend with the same BlueCurve remote-co...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@cmauthe -- no luck

Got a friend with the same BlueCurve remote-control, who will bring it to your home?

It should mostly work: Guide, Menu, Channel Up/Down, Play/Pause, et cetera -- but not Volume Up/Down/Mute.

Does that remote-control cause the BlueCurve to respond more quickly than your remote-control?

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help