TVs out sync

retiredAlK
Grasshopper

We subscribe to Blue Curve TV..

We have 3 TVs (front room, kitchen, den) all connected with wireless boxes. 

The front room tv and the kitchen tv  are in fairly close proximity to each other.

This means if both tv's are on at the same time, the sound between the tv's are out of sync.  This is very annoying.  Is there a way to get sound in sync?

Labels (1)
8 Replies

Hello     Try power cycling both boxes by pulling the pow...

shaw-don

Hello @retiredAlK 

Try power cycling both boxes by pulling the power out for a minute and plug them back in. See if they sync up correctly. Otherwise I would recommend getting in touch with our tech support and they can try resetting the boxes for you. 

0 Kudos

rebooted both boxes, it did not help. Talked to a Techie,...

retiredAlK
Grasshopper

rebooted both boxes, it did not help.

Talked to a Techie, unplugged boxes and pulled power cable and coax cable on modem, and after 30 sec plugged everything back in.  Techie then resent software. Plugged boxes back in.  Long story short-No Joy.

0 Kudos

Could be the difference in how the TVs are processing the...

rstra
Grand Master

@retiredAlK Could be the difference in how the TVs are processing the audio and video signals. 

0 Kudos

You may be right, but I am looking for a solution.

retiredAlK
Grasshopper

You may be right, but I am looking for a solution.

0 Kudos

-- from what  hinted, I have a question: are all the TVs...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@retiredAlK -- from what @rstra hinted, I have a question: are all the TVs tuned to the same channel? By "same", I question whether one TV is tuned to a "standard definition" channel, while another TV is tuned to the HD ("high definition") broadcast of the same channel?  The extra processing of the incoming HD feed could cause the HD television to "lag" behind the SD feed. Is that what you are observing?

0 Kudos

Both TV's are on the exact same channel.

retiredAlK
Grasshopper

Both TV's are on the exact same channel.

I had his issue in my old house for over 20 years nobody...

j1141
Grasshopper

I had his issue in my old house for over 20 years nobody could ever figure out a way to fix it

0 Kudos

The problem, seems to me, is that the Shaw servers establ...

Yakevets
Grasshopper

The problem, seems to me, is that the Shaw servers establish an individual connection with each bluecurve box on your in home network. They have to do this so you can watch one thing in the kitchen and another thing in the living room. So, when you set two tvs to the same program you have the same program beamed into your network simultaneously. Almost simultaneously because they will never be exactly the same. And. It has to be this way because the person watching in one room may pause the program and restart while the other person in the other room never pauses. Maybe a future enhancement to allow for synch? Please. 

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help