Upcoming HD Network Upgrades

bostonbob
Grasshopper

So I see on the " Service Outages and Updates " page that a few areas will start getting some of their SD channels upgraded to HD: https://community.shaw.ca/docs/DOC-19077

Any word on when ( or if ) Vancouver will get some of these new HD channels ????

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
14 Replies

Re: Upcoming HD Network Upgrades

Not applicable

Wow! A monumental change that so many have been waiting to come. To repeat BostonBob, when will this be coming to major centres? Your list is only a few small places. Looking forward to seeing HD on virtually all channels.

0 Kudos

budsgirl
Grasshopper

I have a 3510 pvr which is my newest one - seem to be out of luck re more HD channels? 

0 Kudos

bostonbob
Grasshopper

budsgirl wrote:

I have a 3510 pvr which is my newest one - seem to be out of luck re more HD channels? 

All it says is that you need a MPEG-4 compatible box which means that if you have a Gateway system or a 3510 box you should be OK. If SHAW wants to keep their customers happy they will make these channels available to all of their customers that have compatible cable boxes. If not - I can see even more SHAW customers leaving. 

0 Kudos

rstra
Grand Master

Vancouver already has these channels in HD, Shaw is likely upgrading the feed to these areas the allow them to convert channels to HD.

0 Kudos

bostonbob
Grasshopper

rstra wrote:

Vancouver already has these channels in HD, Shaw is likely upgrading the feed to these areas the allow them to convert channels to HD.

Ummm no - better check again. Let's look at the HD channels that are still unavailable in Vancouver that are coming to the BC areas mentioned:

NFL Network, OLN, WSBK ( Boston ), KTLA ( Los Angeles ), Cottage Life, Crime & Investigation, Documentary, Independant Film, T + E, Dejaview, Peachtree, Paramount, Game Show Network, NBA TV, Fight Network, Game TV, Teletoon West, TCM, E!, MTV Canada and ESPN Canada.

0 Kudos

rstra
Grand Master

Ah, I didn’t look at all of them.

0 Kudos

bostonbob
Grasshopper

rstra wrote:

Ah, I didn’t look at all of them.

NO SOUP FOR YOU !!!!!!!!!!!!!

cpmrich36
Grasshopper

i thought only the bluesky customers only.  

0 Kudos

bostonbob
Grasshopper

cpmrich36 wrote:

i thought only the bluesky customers only.  

Me too but the story clearly says " MPEG-4 compatible box " which seems to indicate that Gateway and 3510 users will be included.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help