Updated Good News about Disney Plus

g-idk
Master

Good Day everyone, sorry I don't post anymore, but due to certain people I've lost interest in doing so.  But I would like to let everyone that has been asking for the Disney Plus App on Blue Curve TV, know that an agreement has finally been signed between Disney and Comcast/Xfinity in the states to allow for the App to come to the platform. Now that doesn't necessarily mean it will be available on BlueCurve right away but at least now you have a good chance of it coming in 2021.  Hope this gives you something to look forward too.  So bye for now, and I wish everyone Happy Holidays and a prosperous New Year.  Stay Safe out there.   

Labels (1)
22 Replies

Indeed, positive news. I don’t know how much these conten...

rickatk
Master

@g-idk wrote:

Good Day everyone, sorry I don't post anymore, but due to certain people I've lost interest in doing so.  But I would like to let everyone that has been asking for the Disney Plus App on Blue Curve TV, know that an agreement has finally been signed between Disney and Comcast/Xfinity in the states to allow for the App to come to the platform. Now that doesn't necessarily mean it will be available on BlueCurve right away but at least now you have a good chance of it coming in 2021.  Hope this gives you something to look forward too.  So bye for now, and I wish everyone Happy Holidays and a prosperous New Year.  Stay Safe out there.   

Indeed, positive news. I don’t know how much these content agreements in the US stretch to Canada. Certainly Disney + would be a real plus to the Blue Curve lineup. Anything to reduce the hardware clutter. 

Thanks for the update.

rstra
Grand Master

Thanks for the update. 

Hi  , in response to "how much these content agreements i...

g-idk
Master

Hi @rickatk , in response to "how much these content agreements in the US stretch to Canada" , we might luck out.  Now I could be wrong on this but I was pretty sure that I've read that unlike Netflix the content on Disney + in the US is exactly the same in Canada, making them kinda unique.  Since I don't live in the US however I cannot verify this.  If true though it would probably make things alot easier licensing. 

P.S. Your welcome @rstra .  

Best news. I hope they can get the Apple TV app too. And...

SueM
Grasshopper

Best news. I hope they can get the Apple TV app too. And sooner rather than later!  
Thanks and Merry Christmas 

This posting is from 11 months ago... it is now Nov 2021...

YVR_Jeff
Grasshopper

This posting is from 11 months ago... it is now Nov 2021 and I've heard Shaw is adding Apple TV to the platform but no mention of Disney +. 
Whatever happened to Disney Plus?  The answer is simple - this platform does not want the competition.  For instance, there are a number of shows in Disney + that are free with the Disney + subscription but are currently offered only as pay-per-view on Shaw on Demand (movies, such as Black Widow, etc.)  
Shaw - you are going to lose me (and likely many others) as a TV subscribing customer if you are reluctant to add Disney Plus - as I will switch to a different media aggregator and likely for a lower cost.  Please add Disney Plus.

0 Kudos

Hi  , I feel your pain, however I don't have any news wha...

g-idk
Master

Hi @YVR_Jeff , I feel your pain, however I don't have any news whatsoever on Disney+ for Shaw BlueCurve customers.  I do however see that it is available for Rogers Ignite customers, who have the same Comcast Licensed equipment as we do.  I couldn't find it on Telus Optix Apps available but I could be wrong.  Maybe Shaw is having some licensing problems that we don't know about.  Well I guess if and when the Rogers takeover of Shaw is approved, and we all become Rogers Ignite customers then we can have it.  Wish I had better news for you, take care. 

0 Kudos

https://www.rogers.com/iptv/disney-plus   looks like you...

cpmrich36
Grasshopper

@YVR_Jeff https://www.rogers.com/iptv/disney-plus

looks like you have to wait til rogers buys out shaw next year.  

0 Kudos

Telling us **bleep** about the states like...

tred14
Grasshopper

Telling us **bleep** about the states like Canada is going to follow suit. I love my Country but we are always so far behind the states in all that technology **bleep**. Never gonna happen. Hells shaw

0 Kudos

Hi  , which poster do you mean to call a "chode".  That's...

g-idk
Master

Hi @tred14 , which poster do you mean to call a "chode".  That's a pretty obscure word, which dictionary did you get that out of.   

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help