Exactly - received the same message, i "HAD TO" change fr...

DesBr
Grasshopper

Exactly - received the same message, i "HAD TO" change from my working perfectly fine Shaw Gateway/Portal system...  to Ignite and all i can say is it's absolutely horrible in comparison.  WHEN will Rogers provide a better menu system, better controls, better pause and rewind / forward features...  It's a terrible step backward in design.  IS there an update coming?  Do they / can they happen soon???  Thinking of going to Telus instead.

Hi  , I don't think anyone on here has insider info about...

g-idk
Master

Hi @DesBr , I don't think anyone on here has insider info about any changes to the tv system.  You will need to blame Comcast/Xfinity in the states since they provide all the equipment and base software for Rogers/Shaw which they license to them to use.  Improvements could be coming but who knows when.  All television is being switched over to iptv and being removed from your coxial cable to free up more bandwith for internet use, until the one day they can go fully 100% fibre to your home, which is many years away.  I totally understand your frustrations with the new system and just wanted to try and answer your questions for you, sorry wasn't more help.  

It is easy to skip back and forth between 2 channels or m...

nanuuk
Grasshopper

It is easy to skip back and forth between 2 channels or more. Simply press the arrow key (lower left side of remote), then choose the channel to flip to. Sure it is one more click than before, but once you get used to it, Bob's your uncle.

have you asked them to provide free pods to provide an eq...

tc10
Grasshopper

have you asked them to provide free pods to provide an equivelent TV service to your previous picture/audio quality? our house is old and I currently use 2 pods to bet adequate signalmfor Tvs as well as internet within our home.  The pods are helpful.

0 Kudos

some work arounds. to keep show paused. press record.  de...

tc10
Grasshopper

some work arounds.

to keep show paused. press record.  delete it when finushed by pressing D button.

to skip commercials use voice command if skip 3 or 4 minutes.  I have gone from argggh to coping.  

do a speedtest with your smartphone or tablet and also ch...

tc10
Grasshopper

do a speedtest with your smartphone or tablet and also check on the screen to see how many bars of signal strength you have.  Shaw should oerhaps provid ea free pods to esnure your signal strength is adequate to provide equivlent audio/video to coax TV connection. 

0 Kudos

you might need a pod to get adequate signal strength to p...

tc10
Grasshopper

you might need a pod to get adequate signal strength to provide same video/audio as coax.  they should hopefully include at no cost as there intent is to provide anequivelent picture quality or better 

0 Kudos

I was told by a phone rep that I won't be able to Migrate...

dontocher
Grasshopper

I was told by a phone rep that I won't be able to Migrate my recordings and scheduled recordings to the new system. Would you mind enhancing your comment so I don't lose all my scheduled recordings please?

0 Kudos

If you are migrating from the legacy gateway system, your...

rstra
Grand Master

@dontocher  If you are migrating from the legacy gateway system, your recordings and scheduled recordings will not be moved. If you are migrating from the wired Ignite to the wireless Ignite system, your recordings and scheduled recordings will be moved.

0 Kudos

I also was told my Gateway would no longer work as of Oct...

ksbigfoot
Grasshopper

I also was told my Gateway would no longer work as of Oct 1.   I cutover and very disappointed with the short time I have used the new service.  Frustrating that if you jump to another channel and come back, you lose the tv content.  Brutal that so much functionality was taken away.