Sadly, it’s my understanding that Shaw/Rogers no longer p...

tc10
Grasshopper

Sadly, it’s my understanding that Shaw/Rogers no longer participates in this forum. 

hi as well I am very sad to see the Shaw TV Gateway discontinued for the reasons you have summarized nicely 

He recommended no TV service and lean just on streaming....

bernardf
Grasshopper

He recommended no TV service and lean just on streaming.

I am considering his suggestion, but also considering switching to Telus. He loves his Internet from Telus and had been trying to get me to switch for years - only reason I didn't try them was because I really loved my Gateway/Portal setup. 

Just had to change over to ignite from a gateway system....

Jcooks
Grasshopper

Just had to change over to ignite from a gateway system. It’s like going back in time. My gateway guide you could pick favorites and it would loop. Not come to the top or bottom just loop. You always had the program you were viewing at the time showing. You could easily watch a hockey game say, and during a commercial watch something else, then flip back press “back” and watch where you left off. Very long time Shaw customer but definitely searching other avenues say Telus. I know big deal, but it’s a back in time downgrade. 

I love the reply “ yes you can” sounds like someone who h...

Jcooks
Grasshopper

I love the reply “ yes you can” sounds like someone who has not experienced a seamless, don’t have to think about it system. 

wrote: You could watch a hockey game say, and during a co...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Jcooks wrote: You could watch a hockey game say, and during a commercial watch something else, then flip back press “back” and watch where you left off. 

Before you "flip", press "record". After watching the other channel, again press "record" before you "flip" back to the hockey game.  Then, you can repeatedly "flip", and use the "back" button on both channels.

Granted, this is not as easy as when using the legacy HDPVRs.

0 Kudos

So how does one skip ahead 30 secs at a time. This featur...

kpamos
Grasshopper

So how does one skip ahead 30 secs at a time. This feature from the Gateway was huge for the wife

To adjust the skip length to 30 seconds: Press EXIT - EX...

rstra
Grand Master

@kpamos 

To adjust the skip length to 30 seconds:

• Press EXIT - EXIT - EXIT - 0 - 0 - 3 - 0 - OK on the Ignite TV remote
  • Adjusted skip length will be 30 seconds forward and 15 seconds back on Live TV, PVR recordings and On Demand content.
0 Kudos

One week in with Ignite having switched from Gateway.  I...

dgraham1870
Grasshopper

One week in with Ignite having switched from Gateway.  I hate it. For the same reason as you.  Can’t skip back and forth between 2 channels. Awful guide Terrible interface;

I would explore switching to Telus if I can cancel my Shaw contract without penalty. and if the Telus system allows skipping back and forth easily.

You have time to cancel. Telus doesn’t have that feature.

rstra
Grand Master

@dgraham1870  You have time to cancel. Telus doesn’t have that feature.

Thanks RSTRA    If Telus is no better, then I'm stuck and...

dgraham1870
Grasshopper

Thanks RSTRA    If Telus is no better, then I'm stuck and will learn to live with it.    I clearly remember when my first Gateway contract expired, I 'upgraded' to Bluecurve.  Luckily, at that time I was able to go back to Gateway and got quite a few more years out of it.

0 Kudos