Video Quality lower with Wireless 4K Boxes, even with Wired Ethernet Connection

Scooter83
Grasshopper

I just upgraded to the new wireless 4K boxes.  Rather than use a WiFi connection between the new box and my Bluecurve access point, I’m using an Ethernet cable for maximum bandwidth and reliability.  The quality of videos/channels has clearly gone down from what I had with the larger Bluecurve PVR box that had its own cable connection.   There are glitches, disruptions in the HDMI connection to such an extent that I can hear the relays in my receiver clicking, as the receiver thinks there is an issue in the HDMI connection.  Cloud PVR is awful. It’s almost as though the saved videos are SD rather than HD.   I haven’t even tried 4K as I don’t have a 4K TV, but I imagine that will be a disaster.

I suspect that the available bandwidth has gone down, simple as that.  There must be a set amount of bandwidth, actually frequency in the RF domain, allocated for transmission to the Bluecurve boxes with dedicated cable connections, and some bandwidth allocated for the Bluecurve access points (Fibre+ Gateway 2.0)

A Shaw technician has confirmed my theories of the network architecture and we are reactivated my old Bluecurve PVR as we speak. 

Don’t migrate to the new boxes or you will not even have good HD content

A Shaw technician has confirmed. Clearly, the new system is not architected properly.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help