Watch Cable button on my Champion Remote does not Power On TV

nsnell
Grasshopper

After programming the Watch Cable button on my Champion Remote URC2025B1 according to instructions from URC,  the Watch Cable button does not Power On my Westinghouse TV WE58UL4218, although it will Power Off and the other functions, volume, etc, do function correctly.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Re: Watch Cable button on my Champion Remote does not Power On TV

shaw-tony

Hey nsnell,

Thanks for reaching out! That is certainly very odd. Since the remote is programmed to work with the volume, mute, etc the "watch cable" button should turn on and off the TV set. Are you able to turn off the TV using the "watch cable" button?

Just to re-confirm, did you try the steps below?

Cheers,

Tony | Community Mod.

0 Kudos

nsnell
Grasshopper

The "Watch Cable" button does turn the TV off 8 or 9 times out of 10. The only function that seems to be consistently inoperative is turning the TV on. Re: the steps above, can you confirm that the devices that I want to be programmed to the "Watch Cable" button should be turned on? Also, although I am quite sure the batteries in the Remote are pretty fresh, I will try replacing them as well.

0 Kudos

shaw-tamara

Yes, your devices should be on when you program the remote. The remote can be programmed to work for most brands, but it's possible that it's not fully compatible with the Westinghouse TV you have. It looks like the code to program it should be 1712 but if that's not working you can find additional codes to try on https://www.urcsupport.com/urc_product/champion-urc2025b1/

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help