Weak or no signal

MyraC
Grasshopper

When I turn on the TV I get a message of Weak or No Signal. I have switched out the HDMI cable, unplugged the co-ax cable and unplugged the power, but still get this message.

Labels (1)
8 Replies

Are you on the correct input? Which cable box do you have?

rstra
Grand Master

Are you on the correct input? Which cable box do you have?

0 Kudos

BLUECURVE GATEWAY XB6  WIFI MODEM RENTAL  $7.00 / ALSO CA...

Grasshopper

BLUECURVE GATEWAY XB6  WIFI MODEM RENTAL  $7.00 / ALSO CABLE RENTAL -MOTOROLA  $5.00 ALSO CABLE EQUIPMENT  -MOTOROLA $3.95   T V HAS BEEN  VERY POOR  CUTTING IN AND OUT  ALL CHANNELS  EXCEPT MUSIC CHANNEL . 4 MONTHS PLUS / 

0 Kudos

-- if you have a Two-Year Value Plan, you should be getti...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@693134 -- if you have a Two-Year Value Plan, you should be getting a "promotional credit" for those $7 and $3.95 rentals.

Anyway, this is a peer-to-peer discussion forum, not a path to Shaw Support.

I recommend that you contact Shaw ( 1-888-472-2222 or www.shaw.ca/chat ) to get them to trouble-shoot. They can remotely logon to your devices, to measure the incoming "signal-strength", which probably is your issue.

0 Kudos

Same here.  We just received a replacement PVR, but the e...

michv7
Grasshopper

Same here.  We just received a replacement PVR, but the exact same problem persists.  So it's not the PVR that's the problem.  Not looking forward to sending back our fully loaded pvr with recordings if we're not going to be able to use the new one.

0 Kudos

-- I recommend that you contact Shaw ( 1-888-472-2222 or...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@michv7 -- I recommend that you contact Shaw ( 1-888-472-2222 or www.shaw.ca/chat ) to get them to trouble-shoot. They can remotely logon to your PVR, to measure the incoming "signal-strength", which probably is your issue.

Be sure to have the "old" PVR attached, and activated, so that Shaw can check it out, rather than checking-out the replacement PVR (that does not have your recordings).

0 Kudos

Ever since I went to Blue Curve my internet service has d...

treehggr
Grasshopper

Ever since I went to Blue Curve my internet service has dropped out at least once a day. Rogers/Shaw does nothing to fix the problem. Time to call the CRTC

0 Kudos

The CRTC doesn’t get involved in quality of service issues.

rstra
Grand Master

@treehggr  The CRTC doesn’t get involved in quality of service issues. 

wrote: Ever since I went to BlueCurve my Internet service...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@treehggr wrote: Ever since I went to BlueCurve my Internet service has dropped out at least once a day.

What time of day? The download of software updates may cause a brief interruption.

It's been noted on this forum that the BlueCurve cable-modem requires better signal-strength than the previous cable-modem.

Contact Shaw [1-888-472-2222] and have the Agent remotely logon to your cable-modem, to view the signal-strength reaching the device. If it is "bad", Shaw may ship you a replacement device, or may schedule a technician to do a site-visit, to do more trouble-shooting.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help